Edit My Images
Yes
7c11c503.jpg

b40631d5.jpg

3c28f47f.jpg

dcbb5b7c.jpg

95eeb091.jpg

Hi Mike, some good attempts there. Some constructive critique though as well:

The first is a decent capture of a street scene although nothing exceptional leaps out from the shot.

The second is a strange angle which neither captures all the bridge or captures any specific aspect sufficiently and so it doesn't really work.

The third isn't straight, is very underexposed (too dark) and blurry.

The fourth is much better although the bridge is not sharp suggesting you didn't get the focal point or aperture right, or you had some camera shake.

The fifth looks like the focal point is on the man in the centre which if this is the intent is ok, but he's too far away to be the main aspect of the shot. If not then it's the same comments as the fourth shot.

How did you set up these shots i.e. tripod, camera settings, focal points etc ?

Cheers for the feedback. Pics 2, 3 and 4 were taken from the back of a Thames Cilpper, the other two were took at random. I am kinda new at this so I am mostly clueless as to focal settings and such.

I am drawn to the colours, reflections and activity of the scene in #1 which I find very pleasing. I would do a 0.25 CCW adjustment to straighten it and possibly crop the left edge to remove the sign outside of the shop - for me it's definitely a keeper.

I might choose to disagree with Defiance. In the first shot, I immediately spotted "Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese". Wonderful pub - makes me miss working in London now!

Back