Staffa Puffins

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
On Staffa island there's a choice of either walking round to Finigal's cave or climbing the very steep steps to the top 42m (132ft) and walk to the north end to the puffin colony. On the boat over (from Mull) we were told that they like to see the boats and the visitors because they keep the Skuas away and they feel safe to fly.
11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Cracking set John (y)

Cracking set

Lovely- bet you had a great time ?

Les

Superb collection.

Beautiful series JohnC6 - number 3 does it for me (y)

Coho-Blue
Thank you.. I wonder what it's thinking .Obviously deep in thought.Lol

Les
My wife enjoyed it,Les. I was concentrating on getting decent shots..:DBut,yes..it was a wonderful experience to have them so close and just getting on with what puffins do.

Lovely set

Thank you.
Cracking set John (y)

Thanks Mr C..much appreciated.

Great set.
#3 for me too

Thanks,Bob..Number 2 seems to have hit the spot.:)

Cracking set

Cheers,Jeff.
Love puffins and a nice set there.

Thanks,They're delightful to watch. My wife fell in love with them..lol.

Superb collection.

Thanks. They are so photogenic and make a great impression on anyone who has the experience of getting close.

I just love puffins, cute as buttons.

Nice set, number 3 for me.

I just love puffins, cute as buttons.

Nice set, number 3 for me.

Thanks, Dale. They were a joy to watch. The people being on the cliff top didn't bother them atall. They knew we were there and just flew in and got on with their lives right infront of us. I do wonder if in photos 3 & 4 they are looking out to sea for their mate. I don't think they go in for contemplation..lol. I was unable to get any in flight because they flew up off the sea..we saw them sitting on the sea and the first we saw of them close to us was when they suddenly appeared over the cliff edge a couple of metres away.

Back