Stag at Sunrise (Richmond Park)

Was a great morning to be in the park - probably the best this rut. You have captured the orange tones well, not quite so sure on the position of the stag. I guess it is the lie of the land, but because there is no visible horizon for reference, it looks like the camera if at a slant.

Stephen

A beauty. I also noticed the slant straight away but as Stephen said it's probably the lie of the land.

Renditiontastic.

"Excellent" shot Adrian.(y)

George.

Thanks everyone,and the slant yes I have spent a good couple of hours looking at it before I posted it and afterwards and it is the only thing Iam not happy with. It was the lie of the land I think. I have added another shot I took just afterwards below is this one a little better.

'The Rut' Part 2 During Sunrise at Richmond Park by -jones_adrian1-
farm1.static

Last edited:
Lush. Good work mate cracking shot

Adrian they are both wicked,I'm quietly yearning for the same with fallow,just lovely mate !!

Ya know,I've thought about that slant a while it just looks like the fella is staring downward on his domain,to me,grasses follow that slant. It's so interesting hearing others thoughts though mate,it's made me ponder a while which is cool,but I have a definite preference for the first image

hope to see more soon good luck

Stu

Adrian they are both wicked,I'm quietly yearning for the same with fallow,just lovely mate !!

Ya know,I've thought about that slant a while it just looks like the fella is staring downward on his domain,to me,grasses follow that slant. It's so interesting hearing others thoughts though mate,it's made me ponder a while which is cool,but I have a definite preference for the first image

hope to see more soon good luck

Stu

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback it is very much appreciated. If I can make people ponder or make people think or suggest other ideas I feel my work has been worthwhile. Thanks adrian

I love these type of silhouettes in the golden light that comes through the mist. I'm not bothered by the slant, have you tried rotating a little to see how it looks? I prefer the first, there is a little too much empty space in the upper area for me in the second.

Nicely done!

I love these type of silhouettes in the golden light that comes through the mist. I'm not bothered by the slant, have you tried rotating a little to see how it looks? I prefer the first, there is a little too much empty space in the upper area for me in the second.

Nicely done!

Here is a straightened version of the original :)

Untitled by Adrian Jones, on Flickr

And here is a closer cropped straightened version,it is all subjective and i could go on uploading various versions but this will be the last one for today,thanks for all of the feedback. :)
Untitled by Adrian Jones, on Flickr

Matty and Adam many thanks i think jam happy with it now :)

Back