Stags

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Not been out with the camera as much as I would have liked over the last month or so - but have been trying to capture some rutting shots.

I have totally failed :)

I have managed to see plenty of deer mating but none of the lone stags seem to want to fight for the right to party.

Anyway - here are a couple of the shots from my outings.

Autumn Sika Stag by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

The Young Pretender by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Both nice shots, I like the first one best. Good depth of field resulting in the creamy background :)

Do like the 1st Dave, looks majestic :)
It took quite a lot of work to get it that way :)

It was in lovely condition. I managed to get close to it but it wouldn't take its eye of me.

Luckily I had my wife with me and asked her to walk away from me and in a large circle.

The stag started to watch her (as she was moving) and I got a shot when the head was in a good position.

Sometimes you have to work your model :)

Dave.

Great shots Dave, the first is superb (y)............I do find the brown oof object?? in the foreground on the 2nd a little distracting though :)

Were these shot same place as Dan went?

Two great shots Dave, like others #1 would be my preference. Very Majestic.(y)

George.

Hey Dave,do love your pics mate! Dave same as ,think I've also failed with my quest for fallow bucks in a scrap. cor bloody frustrating being able to hear the clash of antlers and not be able to see a thing... ahh so close. Dave how used to folks are these?

It's always going to be image one I guess the subject just commands that,but I like both. Love the notes on sending your good lady on a walk,wonderful Thanks for posting mate always cool to see another from ya

Stu

Thanks Stu - these are wild but quite used to people and are relatively easy to photograph as they are in a royal park. Getting an interesting shot is the challenge but it is far easier than stalking truly wild animals in wide open areas.

Sometimes I will take the easy option ;)

Dave.

Great shots Dave, the first is superb (y)............I do find the brown oof object?? in the foreground on the 2nd a little distracting though :)

Were these shot same place as Dan went?
Sorry Phil - saw this earlier and was going to reply, then work got in the way :(

Yes - same place Dan went to - Studley Park near Ripon.

Agree about the OOF object - I prefer the first image as well (I always post images in preference order).

Dave.

Back