Stanage Edge

Both super images! but I love number 2 as I can almost feel what it would be like to be there it is such a lovely view :)

Definitely the first one Neil. The balance of the scene with those darker clouds top left against the rocks centre and bottom right just works even down to the shape of them being similar to the rocks. It also has a sense of height about it with the vertical formations.

Regarding the second I just want you to be a step to the right and twisted to the left a little so the foreground rock runs into the view of the valley, but as your compositions are better than mine you probably found the best one available anyway!

Definitely the first one Neil. The balance of the scene with those darker clouds top left against the rocks centre and bottom right just works even down to the shape of them being similar to the rocks. It also has a sense of height about it with the vertical formations.

Regarding the second I just want you to be a step to the right and twisted to the left a little so the foreground rock runs into the view of the valley, but as your compositions are better than mine you probably found the best one available anyway!

You're probably right re the composition of 2 Craig although I cannot recall the specifics as to why I took the shot from where I did. Something to bear in mind for next time. Appreciate the comments mate.

Seeing the thread title got me to open.............took me back decades to my climbing days over 40 years ago.

Oh, the Stanage rash :LOL:

Nicely evocative images, thanks for sharing :)

Back