Standing on the Edge

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Hi all

A first for me and what a moment it was to be apart of a (Brocken spectre) when standing on the edge of the storm, so after 30mins behind my rock it was time to take off the gortex and come out lol, So thanks to the weather men/women it certainly did begin to pass as per the forecast, this came from nowhere and was over in a matter of seconds, And I certainly felt accomplished as a landscape photographer so onwards and upwards from now on, Snowdonia is a great place to be as long as you dont mind getting a soaking from time to time. PS no photoshop here may I add all single frames using a Camera and a lens that goes on the end ;)

Last edited:
they wouldn't be as good without the weather :)
You seem to have captured the moments pretty well.

The first one doesn't happen very often and you have to make the most of it.
I'm not too keen on the bright rock to the right though.

These are a stunning set of photos. For atmosphere the one before the last really does it for me.
A magic moment with the Brocken Spectre! Some say it's the reason behind the Grey Man of Ben MacDhui.

The first one doesn't happen very often and you have to make the most of it.
I'm not too keen on the bright rock to the right though.
Ken - spectres (shadows) and accompanying 'glories' (the rainbow-like rings) are pretty common in the hills & elsewhere (eg from aircraft) - all you need is to be between the sun and the mist or cloud for them to have a good chance of appearing. These things are often fleeting and you catch them as you can, so don't knock the bright rock - it was there, and in fact acts as a counterpoint to the spectre / glory in the picture-frame.

Kevin - you have caught a double 'glory' here, more commonly only one ring is seen.

Last edited:
Three is very very nice out of a super set.(y)

These make up one "Excellent" set of images Kevin, I'd be happy with any of them in my folio.(y)

George.

Cracking set Kevin! Oh that spectre! Droj says there pretty common, however of all the years I have been on the mountains I've never caught one! Green Flash, yep seen that but never a spectre:(.
No1 what can I say! you must have been bloody quick off the draw here you will have to give me all the gory details by PM rather than bore this lot:D
I really like the set Kevin, particularly No 5 the last one because I really like the colour and the way the light is hitting the cloud, and the muted light and colour on the peaks.
I like the others too of course but the first and the last are my favourites.
Nice Work Kevin

Hi Steve thanks for feedback much appreciated, also agree about the hours on the hills in not clear blue sky's may I add this is a first for me also in years certainly not common around here.

It was quick off the draw when it occurs its like turning on a light switch and I soon realised what it was that was unfolding so quick compose whilst swearing behind the camera of course so forgive me all, and then just happy trigger time lol

Kevin

Last edited:
Hi Steve thanks for feedback much appreciated, also agree about the hours on the hills in not clear blue sky's may I add this is a first for me also in years certainly not common around here.

It was quick off the draw when it occurs its like turning on a light switch and I soon realised what it was that was unfolding so quick compose whilst swearing behind the camera of course so forgive me all, and then just happy trigger time lol

Kevin
Excellent.... I just have this picture in my mind of this presenting its self in front of me and it melting away as a rummaged in the rucsac and try and get the lens cap off with frozen fingers;).

Back