Standing stones

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
This is an old photo of mine, in a favourite location.
With a new enthusiasm, I've been trawling my older photos and found a handful that I particularly like and re-edited them. I will revisit these places when the chance comes up.

This image is of a pair of stones. Not really "standing stones", but a couple of gate posts which at one one time were probably within a dry stone wall.
The notches are interesting, maybe where a gate was tied to the post as a simple hinge?

This was one of the first images that was made after some planning. The location looked promising but had poor light. I worked out what time the sun would give some light in the right place and returned when conditions were better. I generally never plan a shoot in this way. I wish I had taken many more images there, varying each.... next time.

StandingstonesC.jpg

My own photography is personal, and the subjects are usually people, places and things that I might want to write about one day. This slots right into that category for me.

The photograph shows two stone 'uprights' which appear to have been roughly shaped, but where did they come from? Who erected them? Why? When? Were they from a much earlier period and repurposed? I obviously don't expect you to answer any of these questions, but this sort of thing intrigues me.

The stone with the 3 cuts in it could be from a canal bridge , When barges were pulled by horses when going under a bridge the ropes after 10's of years would cut into the stone , The bigger the horse or lower the barge in the water would make rope contact in different places .

Just asking for an edit :) lift exposure and contrast and loose the slight green tint in the BG

Hope you don't mind?

Original
pw4tapi.jpg

Edit ( 2 minutes)
zpkLfQc.jpg

Les

I think it has improved the look of the stones.. Just whilst playing with this, I noticed (again) that my view, particularly contrast, is affected by how I view my monitor.. I think I will ask about this in a new thread.....

I think it has improved the look of the stones.. Just whilst playing with this, I noticed (again) that my view, particularly contrast, is affected by how I view my monitor.. I think I will ask about this in a new thread.....

Is your monitor calibrated??

Les :)

Back