Star Trek - Picard

There is an interesting review on Empire. https://www.empireonline.com/tv/reviews/star-trek-picard-season-2/

I utterly and completely loathe the Q character, a painfully embarrassing and cheap device to play out ridiculous yet unimaginative storylines. No doubt some will love the tired rehashing of old themes, but I don't think I'm even going to bother giving it a try. I am really disappointed with where this has gone - the first 3 or 4 episodes of series 1 were so good, and the finish so weak, I'd really hoped for a better series 2.

There is an interesting review on Empire. https://www.empireonline.com/tv/reviews/star-trek-picard-season-2/

I utterly and completely loathe the Q character, a painfully embarrassing and cheap device to play out ridiculous yet unimaginative storylines. No doubt some will love the tired rehashing of old themes, but I don't think I'm even going to bother giving it a try. I am really disappointed with where this has gone - the first 3 or 4 episodes of series 1 were so good, and the finish so weak, I'd really hoped for a better series 2.

i agree the Q character spoils every time it is in an episode of Star Trek for me as well

Last edited:
I always marvel at the diversity of humankind, as I freakin’ love Q:LOL:

That first episode was all over the place. Very disjointed. I enjoyed it though.

Looking forward to seeing where it goes now Q has appeared.

Just finished season 3, brilliant. A return to what the franchise did best.

I never got stuck into series 2

Spotted S3 purely by chance on the Fire Stick

So far it has maintained my attention:)

PS IIRC S3 was promoted as the "Finale" ?

I haven't seen the series, as such. Although, just about every key scene has been on YT, so I feel familiar enough with it. From a fans perspective the first two series were absolutely hated, with poor stories and poor writing. They were generally regarded as being a very poor send off for Picard. Whereas the third series has been widely acclaimed. It's not hard to see why. It gave the fans what they wanted. Good writing, good stories and characters that many have grown to love. It all gets a little political. Gary Kurtzman has overseen modern Trek, but to be honest he has little feel for it and doesn't really understand it at all. He's responsible for Discovery, which has been reviled. Whereas Terry Matalas has been responsible for the third series of Picard and has been lauded by fans.

Back