Statue of Liberty

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Taken from the Staton Island ferry, so enjoying the movement of the ferry and the vibrations of the old engines! Hand holding 70-300mm lens @300mm.

6371003691_fc99e0851d_z.jpg

Well done you (y) I might play with curves to give more punch and release some detail. How you hand held :shrug: I don't know...

:agree:

Tina has nailed it...release some of those pixel information via the abhorrent use of pp...which i can remark can be overdone..;)
move the statue slightly right or crop right to make her look left...

cheers
geof

thanks both :)

Will try the crop Geof, like the idea. On the curves bit, is that a PS thing? I use Aperture and not sure it is in that?? (very in-experienced PP'er here...)

Thanks for looking both
Steve

6371003691_fc99e0851d_z by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

DONE ON PHOTOFILTRE..free download..use cnet for a clean and fast download

the simplest free pp is photofiltre
it uses simple click tabs and you can set all the desired changes quite easily
its good for quick and non fussy processing...and i may say is pretty acceptable

wow, cool, thanks. definitely not so soft now :)

will take a look at it.

cheers
steve

OK, how about this? Found some curves stuff in Aperture and just started playing :) Still not as defined as yours Geof, but a start :)

6371003691_148bcf512b_z.jpg

OK, how about this? Found some curves stuff in Aperture and just started playing :) Still not as defined as yours Geof, but a start :)

i lowered the gamma value
put in some saturation and contrast
but those were in photo filtre and i dont have a aperture suite..is is free...i would willingly try it out
cheers
geof

is that a mac based software application

Hi Geof, yes it is, sorry, should have said.

no worries...i wanted to do a trial so i could communicate with you on the actual software you were using...
cheers
geof

Ah, cool, massive thanks for looking to do that, really appreciate it :). Totally understand if not given it is a) mac software and b) you would have to buy it if you can't get the trial (think they still do a trial?)

Cheers
Steve

Back