Steam so far in 2019, 48151 added

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
Bahamas on it's first mainline tour after being brought back to the main line. We were running late, a tree on the line delayed the tour, quickly pulling in as she was catching us up!

45569, Bahamas by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Clun Castle, seen here on a loaded test run.

7029, Clun Castle by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Union Of South Africa, only just!

Union Of South Africa by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

80080 double heading with The Duchess on home turf, with 80080 recently returning after overhaul, she will now be at the ELR for a long period of time.

IMG_7928 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

And The Duchess, light loco move to Southall.

6233, Duchess Of Sutherland by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Bahamas on it's first mainline tour after being brought back to the main line. We were running late, a tree on the line delayed the tour, quickly pulling in as she was catching us up!

45569, Bahamas by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Clun Castle, seen here on a loaded test run.

7029, Clun Castle by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Union Of South Africa, only just!

Union Of South Africa by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

80080 double heading with The Duchess on home turf, with 80080 recently returning after overhaul, she will now be at the ELR for a long period of time.

IMG_7928 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

And The Duchess, light loco move to Southall.

6233, Duchess Of Sutherland by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

I love the second one, not just because of the wonderful lighting, but also because it's a product of Swindon Works. ;)

Good capture,Michael. Never seen that one. Don’t you just hate red clothing..lol The B& W sorted it,though..lol

Good capture,Michael. Never seen that one. Don’t you just hate red clothing..lol The B& W sorted it,though..lol

Stands out a bit doesn't it! Thanks for looking John, I kept walking further, hoping most people stayed nearer the beginning of the path, lots of people about. I found another potential spot later when looking on google maps, but it's quite a walk, need to try it out one fine day..

I like the B&W version and thanks for sharing.

48151, the day didnt work out. I had found a spot on the wensleydale railway which looked great on google maps, it did so when we arrived. But for some reason 48151 and British India Line had to stop further up the line! Only had a couple of minutes after getting to bedale before they left. Then a stop near york for the return, thinking they would be boiler first, no such look.

48151 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

48151 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Top marks for effort, Michael. Worth it for the first one,disappointing for you re the second

Thanks both, sorry for the late reply, hardly had the chance to get on the forum.

Top marks for effort, Michael. Worth it for the first one,disappointing for you re the second
Eegads.....I used to own the original front number plate from 48151........... sold it on years ago though.

Yeaaaah......tenders aren't really that photogenic!

Back