Beginner STEAM TRAIN

That's a nice composition but the PP
should be reconsidered.

That's a nice composition but the PP
should be reconsidered.

I agree - a little bit more vibrance would lift that shot nicely.

Needs a clockwise rotation ever so slightly. Processing is OK, could do with a little tidying though, some rough looking bits.

Pleasant enough image, if a bit washed out. Interesting loco and random selection of coaching stock. Would have benefitted from some human interest - rather reminds me of the Marie Celeste (no disrespect intended).
I have given it a few tweaks, if you do not approve I will remove.
P0000704c.jpg

Thanks for you comments I do like the few tweaks zeugma and it was hand held martinfuge on a VERY wet day (I was the only one outside taking photos)

I prefer it without any tweeks, it doesn't look natural tweeked. To me it looks like something you see on a 1920's biscuit tin

Last edited:
I agree with those saying about keeping the image in the natural - it looks great the way it is and I don't think it needs lifting.

I agree - a little bit more vibrance would lift that shot nicely.
Like the smoke captured. Was this shot hand held or on a tripod? As looking at the image it looks a little soft in places, so could be if hand held some camera shake or aperture choosen. Also may work better in B&W as it was a dull sky.

Please may I also say that those who suggested that the PP needed re-considering, these quoted posts above are a hundred times more useful to someone stating themselves as a beginner... rather than just saying it needs re-considering. I.E. suggestions of what could be done are far more helpful.

I prefer the original - the detail on the platform is burnt out in the adjusted version. In my opinion it also looks good in mono with a small amount of contrast increase.

Back