Steam Trains at Night

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of steam trains taken at Ramsbottom Station in the late evening, I've been experimenting with long exposures and some B/W conversions..............

city-of-wells-34092-1612.jpg

city-of-wells-34092-1606.jpg

loco-52322-1592.jpg

Good arguments everywhere, Geoff,
but my pick would be the third! (y)

I agree. The locomotive and lighting are more interesting, and I like the balance provided by the flight of steps (presumably leading to a bridge over the tracks) on the left.

I'm going with no 1. I think the way the light streams through the steam gives interest to the left of the picture which is balanced by the crisp lighting on the train an the curve of the track to lead my eye through the picture. I'm not a train enthusiast but great stuff

No1 for me. Have a soft spot for B/W (and steam engines) and these work just right. No 3 could do with a little more steam showing then it would lift it a bit more, but still a good shot.

Trevor

Thanks everyone, I would have loved more steam for #3....

These are really good.The last one is especially appealing, smoke or not....sort of like a 'little character..:)

Excellent set, love them all (y)

“Excellent” set of images Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Wow - Steam engines and B/W images - what a combination. Like all 3 but 1 & 3 are outstanding. I think no3 is spoilt by the position of the signal behind the engine it just looks weird coming out of the chimney.
So No 1 is my favourite, love the lighting and the steam - you can almost hear it and smell it !

Back