Steampunk studio event

cowboy

Guy Fawkes
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
A local studio advertised a steampunk event and as its been over a year since I was last in a studio I thought I'd give it a go.
I was quite surprised at the creative freedom we were given, there were a few basic lighting set ups and then it was up to the individual what they wanted to do, move lights, add lights, change modifiers or stick with the basic set ups.

1 Charlotte
Charlotte by Mark Elsworth, on Flickr

2 I then added a backlight
Classic by Mark Elsworth, on Flickr

3 And went for a black and white conversion
Charlotte by Mark Elsworth, on Flickr

4 After a change of outfits we moved onto the white background, these lights are more fixed so interacting with the model is recommended.
Cyber by Mark Elsworth, on Flickr

5 A quick one from a ring light setup.
The look by Mark Elsworth, on Flickr

6 Jess
I turned off the gels and went for a simple single soft box set up.
I was laid on the floor to get the angle I wanted as the area was quite small.
Unmasked by Mark Elsworth, on Flickr

It was great getting back in the studio and I will be returning for future events.

Last edited:
Number 5 for me too, but may have been number one if there was a bit space in the shot for her to look in to ( maybe cropped tight for soft box or dish there) but looks like you had fun. I enjoyed them

A very decent set of images in this difficult genre of photography. I love 'em.

3 & 6 for me, I do look a bit of contrast and drama. Your b&w conversion is top notch, I wonder what 6 would look like in mono?
Thanks Simon, I actually shot #6 with black and white as my intention but I prefer it as a colour image :D

Back