Steel Guitarist Phil

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
A friend of mine asked me to do some shots, however the room (shed in the garden with a bar) to do the shots was very small ceiling 7ft.

Any advice on keeping lights out of the glasses appreciated, these are some of the shots I liked (is the vinatge look too much?) but I struggled with the lighting situation, however I still learnt a few things.

Phil Morgan by Alan Cook, on Flickr
Phil Morgan-13 by Alan Cook, on Flickr
Phil Morgan-7 by Alan Cook, on Flickr
Phil Morgan - Vintage-4 by Alan Cook, on Flickr
Phil Morgan - Vintage-11 by Alan Cook, on Flickr

I really like these, great context and composition. As a set I think sticking to one processing style would work better. I like both, and they have that middle of the last century feel to them. First two would be my choice.

Reflections in the glasses is pretty simple: angle of incidence = angle of reflection.

Move the light or the glasses, or be happy with the reflections.

As Ian says, choosing a processing treatment, and sticking to it, would produce a much better set. As it is, I'm not sure the lighting style matches with a 'vintage' look, if that's what you're going to go with in post. (y)

Really great compositions.In a small space you did very well. Up to you re the post work.I like the first straight forward ones myself.Was it a beauty dish with speedlight ? Only asking as I don't own one but were thinking of buying one.

Gaz

Back