"Steve"

Name
Leigh-Ann
Edit My Images
No
The advantages of living in NE Scotland is that we often get opportunities to see the Northern Nights or Aurora but last night Lady Aurora had a dancing partner "Steve" AKA A sub Auroral Proton Arc i believe....... Here are a few images taken from the top of my driveway Aberdeenshire approx 9.30 pm last night 18/03/18

"STEVE" by Leigh-Ann Mitchell, on Flickr

AURORA by Leigh-Ann Mitchell, on Flickr

AURORA by Leigh-Ann Mitchell, on Flick

I really like them, really clean looking with the nice forest foreground. Pin sharp in the center too. A bit more coma on the left hand side that on the right, did you crop a bit on the right?

I was looking at it too last night and it was a great show although I missed a good part of the start and it looks like these where taken a bit late too. I have a 20mm lens at the moment and yesterday the arc was so broad that i would have like to have a 16mm like you!

There was actually 2 steve a bit earlier on!

I see you are in aberdeenshire on your profile, I'm in Orkney.

I really like them, really clean looking with the nice forest foreground. Pin sharp in the center too. A bit more coma on the left hand side that on the right, did you crop a bit on the right?

I was looking at it too last night and it was a great show although I missed a good part of the start and it looks like these where taken a bit late too. I have a 20mm lens at the moment and yesterday the arc was so broad that i would have like to have a 16mm like you!

There was actually 2 steve a bit earlier on!

I see you are in aberdeenshire on your profile, I'm in Orkney.

Thank you i was totally unprepared had i been more organised i would have headed out somewhere for better images as the top of the driveway is hindered by the mature forrest we have surrounding us but some shots are better than no shots, i use my Canon 16-35mm as its great for this kind of photography but i also have a Samyang 14mm i bought for my Astrophotography and Aurora but i must try and use it more, the images only have foreground cropped out nothing else........ Yes i'm located near Peterhead Aberdeenshire would love to visit Orkney one day i can see the Ferry heading up the coast most day from my home :D

Very nice. The silhouetted foreground of the trees works nicely and sets up the sky and those super colours:)

Thank you the down side of living surrounded by mature forestry my horizon is blocked the upside is fantastic wildlife :)

Back