OP
SteveSc
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 0 - nearby

Week 0 - nearby by Steve, on Flickr

Not sure what to do for this theme, wanted to get out and do something in the area but ran out of time. This is a phone picture of a sound desk that I was using the other day.

With the change in covid restrictions this week I'm maybe a bit overstreched at the moment, with home schooling 3 kids and both my wife and I working I may be posting late in the week for the next month or so. I'll try and comment where I can but will catch up once the kids are back at school.

minx

Papillon
Edit My Images
Yes
I like the Pov you have chosen. Don't stress about posting in time if you are stretched its more important to enjoy it especially with everything else going on.

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
If you move it rapidly up and down with the mouse wheel while keeping your eyes still, the numbered tracks seem to move in and out.

Edit My Images
Yes
I like the composition you have chosen as well, and the B&W treatment works very well.

Don't stress too much - homeschooling and your family is definitely the priority!

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there Steve!

An immediately likeable image. I'm a sucker for things with knobs, dials, numbers. :)

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Nice MIX of tones there ;)

• Haha
Reactions: LC2
Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Nice capture and POV. The processing gives it a vintage feel.

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Steve

I like the low down pov, but the ocd in me does not like the angle that the lines are at, I know you used a phone and they are not easy to get things lined up.
I like the gitty appearance of the image which matches the age of the desk.
Well done on a different shot for nearby. 1st Image of the 52.

Pete

OP
SteveSc
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks everyone appreciate the comments. The desk actually isn't that old, it is a Yamaha digital desk but processed it like this as I thought it added a bit more character to the image, miss using an analogue desk but the digital does have some advantages.

Name
Kell
Edit My Images
Yes
I would not have guessed it was a ‘phone’ shot.

Certainly stood out in the main thread.

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Fruit
Nice lighting. There maybe a little too much dead space on the left, but a good start to this year.

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
As someone who reads left to right, I would prefer the photo rotated 180 degrees but that just me being a pedant. I really like this. It's moody and atmospheric.

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Works well, perhaps a bit grainy or OK I know it's a phone pic.

Liking the placement in the frame, it could be rotated but I like it as it is.

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Great shot from a phone. I don't mind the placement but would have the apple lower in the frame.

Name
Heather
Edit My Images
Yes
Its got an impressionist feel to it

minx

Papillon
Edit My Images
Yes
I think it would look better with the apple a little lower but that is just personal preference

Edit My Images
Yes
I like the composition - as Tim said, unconventional is good!

A little soft for me I'm afraid though - a crisp apple like that should be crisp in my book...

OP
SteveSc
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Thank you for all the comments, I do really appreciate them and hopefully when the homeschooling/work commitments slow down I'll be able to respond and comment on everyone else's.

This week I took the camera out when I went down to the local park for some fresh air with my youngest. Took this one with the theme in mind. Dissapointed that I cut the top of her head but otherwise happy for the theme,

A muddy walk by Steve, on Flickr

Have a good week.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Yep - works well apart from the cropped head.

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Dirty
I like the curving path, it gives shape and a way to move your eye through the photo. Good dirty path, it fits the theme well.
Your daughter has got some very long hair, it must take ages to wash and dry.

minx

Papillon
Edit My Images
Yes
I like the path curving out of site, shame about the head but as Tim said an excuse to go out again