Midlands Stiperstones are there lots of sheep ?

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm contemplating having a walk up the Stiperstones tomorrow but I wondered if it is covered in sheep ! I intend to kill many birds with one stone visiting a gun shop, walking a few of my dogs and maybe doing a bit of photography, I have visited the area in the past doing some caving but never went up on the top.

Thanks everyone

I know you want current info from a local but in case nobody answers I know sheep have been photographed in that area.

This photo was titled sheep on the stiperstones so I suspect you may well come across them possibly

Thanks Caerus, I can still take the dogs but have to be careful which ones I do take.

It depends how they are managed but this time of year most will be getting some supplementary feed and will be hanging round feeding areas, perhaps in drier fields rather than widely spread over open moorland like in summer.

Last time I was there, the sign in the car park said, dogs must be on a lead, because of nesting birds. Well I doubt very much if there are any nesting birds at this time of year. So maybe it was a temporary sign.

Certainly not covered in sheep but there’s a few around the path to the top. Lots more in the fields below the car park. It is requested on the notice board that dogs stay on a lead. Be wary of the uneven ground/sharp rocks on the path at the top.

A pic I took there a few days ago....

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/stiperstones.705974/

Last edited:
Back