Stir crazy

Name
Daryl
Edit My Images
Yes
36677.jpg

Getting a little stir crazy Due to the Lockdown and a dodgy hip, so some fresh air and gentle exercise at the local reservoir in the dark.
Milky Way core season is nearly on us so I wanted to refresh the skills of astrophotography.
This one is a single exposure looking up towards Ursa Major. It's surprising how much light pollution there is even in an area noted for relatively low light pollution
10 seconds
f/2.8
ISO 3200

Last edited:
View attachment 311451

It's surprising how much light pollution there is even in an area noted for relatively low light pollution

The blessing and curse of digital cameras. :). They are excellent at picking up much more than can be seen by the naked eye, but unfortunately that extends to light pollution too.

From where you are you should get some good sightings.

Dave

Forgive my ignorance 'Milky Way core season is nearly on us so I wanted to refresh the skills of astrophotography.'

Is there a best time of year to capture the Milky Way?

Forgive my ignorance 'Milky Way core season is nearly on us so I wanted to refresh the skills of astrophotography.'

Is there a best time of year to capture the Milky Way?

me too, i thought milky way was better in the summer when and where you still get darkness

me too, i thought milky way was better in the summer when and where you still get darkness

If you're interested you will find the detail of shooting the Milky Way here. Their App is well worth getting too.

Back