Stone Circle

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Time I got round to sharing some of my photos with you all :)

This was taken while I was on holiday a couple of weeks ago in the lake district. Shot at about 7am. 20D + Tamron 12-24mm using lee 0.6 grad

castlerigg-dawn-1.jpg

Wow very cool. To my mind the vapor trails seem to represent lay lines. nice one :D

They should ban aircraft from spoiling scenes like that! Do like it though despite the efforts of modern man :)

Looks really nice with just the right amount of warmth from the glow of the sunrise.

Super & I don't mind the sky either (although I can see what RobertP is on about)
Paul (y)

Absolutely wonderful shot...But I feel that the vapour trails add to the shot, they remind us of their age...from the stone age to the new age...

EDIT: What font is that in the bottom of frame?

Love the whole shot - need more time in the lakes - that is one stunning image!

John

Beautiful shot, and for once the vapour trails actually enhance the shot. (y)

Thanks :) I love the lakes and any time I get to spend there is good. I saw in dawn on more than hald the days I was there!

I'm glad the vapour trails work, was my only annoyance really - and imagine how rude it was of manchester airport not to stop the flights for that morning...

THe font at the bottom is Ariel - but it is in bold small caps and somewhat increased character spacing.

Lovely photo, but Tamron don't make a 12-24! :thinking:

Tokina 12-24?
Tamron 11-18?

:)

very very nice! :) you should submit it to the TPF calendar thread on the General Chat forum. :D

Lovely photo, but Tamron don't make a 12-24! :thinking:

Tokina 12-24?
Tamron 11-18?

:)

Doh! My fault for posting after writing about a different tamron lens!
It is the Tokina 12-24mm! Shame on me!

Wonderful shot, brings back memories, we stayed in a farm house within walking distance about 3 years ago, up at dawn, shot loads of film.

That's a cracker isn't it. The light is fantastic and I would have to agree that the vapour trails do add something.

(y)

Back