Stone me

Edit My Images
Yes
The wind dropped below 100mph this afternoon, so I figured it was about time I got off my ar$e and dusted the camera off. We decided on a short drive up to Avebury to take a look at the 'famous' stone circle.

To be honest, it was just a few big rocks and a fair amount of mud, but the sky was blue so I can't complain. And at least at this time of year, there aren't any coach parties getting in the shots!

Nothing spectacular in the photos, just a first proper try out of the new lens (17-40) outdoors. The anticipated warm sunset didn't seem to happen, it just went a bit dark and damp

Anyway, here's a few to look at. C&C welcomed as ever.

Stones...
C0CC2892.jpg

Stone...
C0CC2888.jpg

Stones...
C0CC2893.jpg

No stones...
C0CC2899.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Paul
:)

I like the last shot a lot :) "chimping silouhette" They all seem a little flat though, the sky is good in all but the rest seems a bit dull? lightingwise.

1 and 4 are my faves - could maybe tweak the shadows up a little on 1?

Great to see the sun and get outside though :)

ah yes - reminded me - the 17-40 has a tendency to underexpose..... maybe plus a 1/3rd on the compensation. Cracking colour in the sky

For some obscure reason that I cant put my finger on I like No2 best. Stone and sky.

The last is pretty cool too. Except that it looks oversharpend... halos abound.

No.2 for me too. Really nice.

my votes are for #1 and #4. (y)

Thanks for all the comments :ty:

The last shot for me, is that a bit of HDR applyed to #3?

No HDR here, I've never particularly got the hang of that (maybe one day). There is a little shadow/highlight filter and curves adjustments here and there though.

The last is pretty cool too. Except that it looks oversharpend... halos abound.

Agreed... I overcooked them a touch, I don't think they needed quite as much as I thought.

Thanks again!

Paul

Love that last one! what a brilliantly simple shot (to take) and executed very well. That will be my favourite shot. Who was the person? someone you know? I suppose what im asking is, was that a planned shot?

That fisrt shot has so much more potential. If you took 10 - 15 steps left and re composed the composition would of been alot stonger. At the moment it is a wee falt.

Like the last one.

King.

Love that last one! what a brilliantly simple shot (to take) and executed very well. That will be my favourite shot. Who was the person? someone you know? I suppose what im asking is, was that a planned shot?

It's my girlfriend, although it wasn't a planned shot. The only time she gets in my photos is when she doesn't know I'm taking them... she hates it. :D

Paul

Nice set. I agree with the issues stated above but once you have learned how to sort them out in PS you will soon have these turned into little masterpieces.

Back