Stonechat

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
This fellow was on this bush for the week I was in the area. The female was there too. Then the last night I saw a Pine Marten hunting about there & though I searched the next morning the male was there but the female had gone.
Stonechat1.jpg

bit dark, but then he's not very big is he (considering those gorse spines are about 15mm long) that makes him somewhat teenier than a spuggy

edit... oh and I like it

Last edited:
nature is so beautiful
but can be so cruel

love the pic btw!

That is a really good capture ... (y) ... and it can easily be lightened a touch I am sure ... :thinking: ... great pose and composition though ... ;)

:p

Nice capture sawman (y) saw my first Stonechat about 3 weeks a go ,very hard to get close to ,so you have done well to get a photo (y)

Nice capture sawman (y) saw my first Stonechat about 3 weeks a go ,very hard to get close to ,so you have done well to get a photo (y)

Cheers. This fellow took a week to get used to me. The female was more relaxed & I think that may have been her downfall

One thing i did notice was they were alway's not far away from the lake . This must be something to do with their food . If i can grab a free afternoon, will go back up and see if i can get a photo. 4-5 hours sat in gorse well worth it (y) Sorry to hear about the female :crying:

Back