Stonechat.

Lovely shot,Dale.

Just a suggestion. If you crop in from the left a bit to just past that first clump of heather you could take out that grey ..whatever it is . blob ?....and it would still leave plenty of space infront of the Stonechat. It would also take out the oof heather. Most of which is in focus.

Lovely shot,Dale.

Just a suggestion. If you crop in from the left a bit to just past that first clump of heather you could take out that grey ..whatever it is . blob ?....and it would still leave plenty of space infront of the Stonechat. It would also take out the oof heather. Most of which is in focus.

Thank you John, I can see that would work. (y)

Nice male Stonechat in it's natural habitat, Dale - and I think John's crop recommendation is a good one too. :)

Russ

Cheers Russ.

I think I was taken with the bokeh, even at f6.3 on the Siggy.

Nice shot with a very autumnal colour palette. I have seen a few recently, I heard they didn't do well during the cold snap(s) we had earlier in the year.

I'd heard that too and right enough, there don't seem to be so many around this year.

The colours of the heather at the moment are nice, as you can imagine, there's quite a lot of it up here, can't wait for the purple phase.

Gorgeous setting Dale, I: love the perches, great colours. I just wish he'd have turned his head more towards you. Nicely presented.

Mike

Thanks Mike. The head turn is playing havoc with my OCD. :)

Back