Critique Storm in a teacup

Name
Spence
Edit My Images
Yes
This image was built using a tutorial for photoshop. I like it as it is something different, even though someone else created the tutorial. First time at trying proper composite images like this. Not sure I am placing it in the right thread so apologies if not.

View attachment 7666

Thanks Mandy. The lightning was done by a lightning brush that I downloaded.

that works really well, was this one of the tutorial images that come with the magazines, i find them really usefull to learn new skills, nice job!

Hi Darrell, it was from Creative Photoshop from a few months ago.

Hi Spence, I'm personally not bothered in the slightest if someone else created the idea, if you delve deep enough you'll probably find that most things have been done before. Who cares it's still an "Excellent" bit of work.(y) Thanks for showing it to us.

Hi Spence - well I do like it as it's something well different from the usual shots in this section so well done you (y)

wow!!! very nice, how long does something like this take to do? my mrs is pretty good at PS and she spends hours on her stuff, can this kind of thing be done quick once you've learned the basics?

Hi Bryan, This one took me about 3 hours as I was following the tutorial. If you are good with photoshop you could probably do it in an hour.

No doubt it can be very time consuming. I had a bash at this sort of thing, last year, & found the big problem was sourcing the images to combine. If they were all easily to hand the execution is quite quick once you get the hang of it. Yes 'once you get the hang of it' :)

It is a great concept but the water drops just don't work for me. Probably the shadows are too heavy and they look like they were on vertical glass panel and a bit too flat.
Thanks for the feedback Daugirdas. I must admit I may have been over zealous with the bevel and emboss fx. Each raindrop was just painted on. Having taken your feedback on board I will have to watch this on future projects.

Back