Storm Over Stroud

Edit My Images
No
Panorama taken from Selsley Common yesterday.

bB6RfI2.jpg

These shots can be improved and given the right impact by some simple levels adjustments.
There are no whites no blacks just a large variety of grays and so losing impact.

The first shot with a lengthier processing, trying to bring out some more white in the foreground and give the clouds more form.

eTOnLbw.jpg

Last edited:
Alfs right, the first two are boring, offering no real detail, which makes me wonder what the colour version was
The last is much better but I might suggest pulling the shadows up a little to give more detail to the houses on the left

I'm interested by what you mean via "detail"? I spose part of the issue with the first image is that being so wide makes its difficult to pick out much detail in the long distance at net resolution but really my intension was for the sky and the foreground to have most of the impact. For the sky especially I found conversion to mono made it easier to bring out a bit more form to it picking out the arc of the storm more clearly.

The last image is one I'v taken a lot of variations on in the past, keeping more distant land moving from shadow to brightness just seemed to make for a bit more interest and evening it out, keeping the church as more of a focus.

X97b8Ua.jpg

Last edited:
These shots can be improved and given the right impact by some simple levels adjustments.
There are no whites no blacks just a large variety of grays and so losing impact.
:agree:
the first really is too letterbox and loses the opportunity to give the depth that the second has
just a bit of salt and pepper on the first would give it more impact...its not wrong to cheat (pp)...;)

edit...your latest shot sort of puts my critique out of joint....
should have read the whole thread
cheers
geof

Last edited:
The last one is very nice but also number 1 cropping out the houses would be much improved - the scene doesn't suit the wide ratio.

Back