Stormy Bamburgh Castle

Hi Danny,its a good image and like you I love the castle and the various angles you can shoot it. For me I think theres too much sky, I know you've gone for the big sky look but I don't think theres enough drama in it. A landscape crop might suit better and if you could still include the kite flyers it would add extra interest.

Last edited:
Hi Danny,its a good image and like you I love the castle and the various angles you can shoot it. For me I think theres too much sky, I know you've gone for the big sky look but I don't think theres enough drama in it. A landscape crop might suit better and if you could still include the kite flyers it would add extra interest.

Cheers Steve. Yeah I was kinda going for the big sky/negative space vibe - maybe trying to compensate for lack of decent foreground interest.

That's lovely Danny. I can kind of see what Jakeblu means, but only cos I'd add some kind of grad in PS to it so that fantastic sky has some kind of 'lead in' to the main focus which is the castle.

Wish I could get 'oop north' and get fantastic shots like these :clap:

That's lovely Danny. I can kind of see what Jakeblu means, but only cos I'd add some kind of grad in PS to it so that fantastic sky has some kind of 'lead in' to the main focus which is the castle.

Wish I could get 'oop north' and get fantastic shots like these :clap:

Thanks Maria! As it happens I did add a little grad in LR just to bring down the highlights in the sky and add a little clarity - maybe should have been a bit more adventurous with it but over-gradding has been my big weakness in the past so I'm trying to wean myself off it :)

It's well worth the journey - one of the best coastlines anywhere!

I do say rules are there to be broken but in this case there is far too much sky in this for me.

Nice capture but like others have said too much sky would like to see it cropped and maybe converted to black and white.

Andy

Back