Stotfold Mill

Edit My Images
No
Photo Stotfold Mill taken last week. The mill does not own the land on either side of the stream so this shot had to be taken from a bend using a 200mm lens, I would normally use a 24 or 35mm shift lens for this sort of work. I was commissioned to take it back in the Autumn but had to wait until winter to get a view through the trees. I chose this day in particular as the light was a bit soft providing enough brightness to highlight the mill without creating deep shadow in the foreground which you normally get on a winters day.

p3788536336-6.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like a lovely place but those Trees are getting in the way, If possible get to the other side of them.
For me, the PP from here would be, Give it a fair bit of Highlights to get some definition in the wooden slats on the mill, some contrast to put some colour back in that roof and lastly some clarity and lift the shadows a bit.

Last edited:
Looks like a nice place to visit and photograph.
The only change I'd make is to slightly reduce the highlights at the bottom of the image and perhaps a slight levels adjustment overall.

Sorry Graham but your edit looks rather dull and flat

Back