Critique Stray Cat Family

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
As lovely as these cats are please call RSPCA as they need proper care and neutering. Too many strays.

The first one is the pick for me, I think it is really good. I assume the third and last are selective colour on the eyes and for me it doesn't enhance the image. Both of the cat in the box shots are a bit spoiled by the large white sacks which, being the brightest thing in the photo tend to grab the attention.

As lovely as these cats are please call RSPCA as they need proper care and neutering. Too many strays.

I think we are looking at the Cat's Protection League. The person dealing with it doesn't want an organisation to deal with it who will put healthy Animals to sleep. The guys in the factory were happy to adopt the mum and feed her, but we are now under no illusion that the situation is now overtaken things a little bit.

I think we are looking at the Cat's Protection League.
When "We" trap strays and feral's from premises the Cat protection league is who we contact before the work starts.
Sometimes they'll collect, sometimes they do the "work" themselves (y)

When "We" trap strays and feral's from premises the Cat protection league is who we contact before the work starts.
Sometimes they'll collect, sometimes they do the "work" themselves (y)

They‘re very good. At my wife’s request, via a friend of hers, I once did a stint when they were understaffed. Best result for me was going to a house at 7.30 am for four mornings and sitting in a back room overlooking railway sidings where a mom and 4 kittens were living amongst piles of sleepers. .From day two I picked up the morning paper for the elderly occupier who kept me supplied with tea.Lol. I put out water separately and food in the traps. I was determined to get the last kitten ..a proper feisty individual..lol..gloves were required re handling....as it was forecast to be the hottest day of the year..32C. I got it at 10.30am. I still have the photo I took of that last one in the trap hissing at me. They were all given to those who get them checked over by a vet and look after them in their own homes..great people.. until a permanent home can be found and they were all found a home. Someone took two of the kittens. I sometimes had to go to a prospective home to ensure it was suitable.....eg..especially not by a very busy road.

As I write I’m in the summerhouse..very warm, watching a young sparrow having a wash & brush up in the bird bath and what strikes me is the very quick dip followed ,each time, by a rapid look up to the sky and all round to make sure there are no ‘enemies’..the likes of sparrow hawks, I presume. Now it’s in the safety of the thorny large Berberis bush,next to the summerhouse, preening. Probably better to site the bird bath there..it’s 10 metres from the bush across the lawn.

Last edited:
If you look on the cat chat website you may be able to find a smaller rescue who have a guaranteed no kill policy who may be able to help. If you are within the m25 there is the c4 scheme where strays or cats you have been feeding are eligible for free neutering. these kittens look like they will soon be able to get pregnant themselves so please please get some help from a local rescue to prevent more kittens. i dont think the CP are a rescue who puts cats to sleep.

sorry to go off topic but i volunteer for a rescue and kitten season for the last two years has been crazy.

the kittens are cute - for me the eye enhancement doesn't work, unless it was a sort of halloween/supernatural look you were going for of course.

Back