Street candid 4

Its a decent shot, interesting subject and the eye contact is nice, but it leaves me wanting to know more. It kinda reminds me of the Humans of New York series on Facebook, there's also one called Humans of Leeds which I also follow. I just prefer more information on these type of portraits than just a picture. Of course that doesn't make it a bad street portrait :)

Its a decent shot, interesting subject and the eye contact is nice, but it leaves me wanting to know more. It kinda reminds me of the Humans of New York series on Facebook, there's also one called Humans of Leeds which I also follow. I just prefer more information on these type of portraits than just a picture. Of course that doesn't make it a bad street portrait :)
surely a picture is worth 1000 words

…but it leaves me wanting to know more…

+1

You really caught an interesting character there… what ever your name is!

Surely that's the whole point of the shot? It is for me definitely. If t catches the interest and asks questions it's a result.
Alternatively, we could do an environmental study, where it's someone say at work or in a village in a third world country etc, but then that's a very different genre.

i dont class this as candid and could be labelled portrait study
the shot is a straight on with flat lighting and imho could be improved by cropping to eliminate most of the distracting scarf...converting to b>w is the best bet since the subject's facial expression is more important than the clothing

cheers
geof

I love it, she may not look cheerful but the scarf does LOL

I like it...images like this always make me curious about the person in the shot..

She doesn't look the most cheerful although that could be a touch of shock seeing a camera lol but her colourful scarf shows she likes a touch of bright and bold in her life..Maybe :)

I quite like it, the only thing for me is the reflection in her glasses is a bit distracting.

Thanks for the replies guys. Definitely a candid shot as I never interact with subjects, always candid.
Good point on the reflections from the spex. At times I like them, other times they irritate.
The scarf makes the shot for me as it adds to the character's character. Along with the bobble hat it really works and adds a jolt of colour and some real interest.

I don't want anything…
and I like enigmas.

I can respect your "no name" status.

I'm an enigma. We can stick with David if you like!

Just a strange hang up I have. Don't like having my name online. Weird, I know, but it's just the way I am.
david thomas dos'nt like his name online ....really?

i would go with Daniel on that one ;);)
Yes because I'm guessing it's elsewhere, what I'm saying is it's not here on TP profile which is what I know he's mentioned before about people's names being visible..

I like the shot - although I feel having more height showing the bokeh brackground would add value.

Back