Street girl portrait

Very nice :)

A little more light on the subject, would improve this shot in my humble opinion :)

still nice though

Les :)

I think the problem with this is she isn’t a street girl and appears out of place in the context of the background. Nor does it appear to be a model shoot with a ‘gritty’ background. I’m not saying she couldn’t be a model but it’s clearly not a fashion shoot.

I think the problem with this is she isn’t a street girl and appears out of place in the context of the background. Nor does it appear to be a model shoot with a ‘gritty’ background. I’m not saying she couldn’t be a model but it’s clearly not a fashion shoot.
Well, I meant "street portrait of a girl", not a "street girl", of course. Thanks for your feedback )

It is an interesting shot with equally interesting lighting. there is just sufficient shadow detail in an otherwise back lit shot. However unlike most back lit shots the light is actually coming from directly over head and she is in shadow.
It is ambiguous as to what she is wearing, or what she is doing... it leaves a lot of open questions.
The usual method of using a reflector or fill flash would have given an entirely different result, and probably less interesting.
It would probably work better as part of a story set than on its own.

What’s amusing is the two dogs in the background really curious about what is happening.

Dmitry, I'm a rubbish portrait photographer, so you should probably ignore what I'm about to write! I like all the elements, the model, the location, the clothes and the pose - and, yes, the dogs. My problem is that the background is so bright, and the model is in the shade. My eye is constantly being drawn away from the model to the high contrast background. If you were able to repeat the shoot, perhaps a fill flash would help? Alternatively fill more of the frame with the model and use a larger aperture to blur the background more (probably a lot more). You might be able to test that latter theory out in Photoshop.

Dmitry, I'm a rubbish portrait photographer, so you should probably ignore what I'm about to write! I like all the elements, the model, the location, the clothes and the pose - and, yes, the dogs. My problem is that the background is so bright, and the model is in the shade. My eye is constantly being drawn away from the model to the high contrast background. If you were able to repeat the shoot, perhaps a fill flash would help? Alternatively fill more of the frame with the model and use a larger aperture to blur the background more (probably a lot more). You might be able to test that latter theory out in Photoshop.
Hello Boots! I've got, what you mean.
I found the background is pretty interesting, so decided not to dim it.

Hiya.

I'm not going to crit this.

I like it just the way it is.

Well done to the both of ya !

Gaz

Back