Street shots - this time with Yashica Minister D

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Some more candid street shots. This time taken with a Yashica Minister D with Adox CHS 100 film inside.

7610344684_5baa984b0d_b.jpg

7610345552_227b817e95_b.jpg

7610342608_36c1882a3f_b.jpg

7610347860_fc025a9462_b.jpg

I like these Ian and I like Adox as well, lends them a nice vintage look.

Love the one of the ladies who lunch, looks like one of them is giving you the evil eye.

Andy

Thanks - I don't think the ladies weren't too happy about me shooting them. This was the first shot - I took a second and then scarpered!

Shooting with the Rangefinder and the Trip has been great - I have had to get in really close which has helped with my courage - realising that most people don't mind.

I really like the aesthetic to this set,
The juxtaposition in number 1 is awesome!

I would of liked to see the results if your feet were a bit braver and you got closer to your subjects, the bikes in number 3 don't work for me, and the same with the white car in the last, however, I think the subjects are interesting in themselves.

I was struggling to get the exposure right underneath the market, where these were taken. I took a couple that were closer, but they didn't come out well. I did take this one from the other side:

7610341364_62ebeec46e_b.jpg

Certainly less distraction in the new angle, it's personal preference but i prefer this shot

I like all these shots but in particular I do like number 4, the street in the rain. I have never used this type of film but might give it a try. There is something about the contrast range you get from film and a rainy street that has always appealed to me.

Last edited:
Back