weekly StuartPearson 52 for 2020 - Week 51 - Decor(ate)

Clever idea! Have you done another shot with the focus on the front of the car?

Bursting out of some kind of time tunnel, I like that. Transport in time and space.
At least, that's what it says to me...

My only critique is that the car isn't quite horizontal. I would have liked it either bang on the horizontal, or at more of an angle (making it deliberate).

Clever idea! Have you done another shot with the focus on the front of the car?

Nothing really with the front in focus, I was initially trying this with some black vinyl curved across the top of mirror, which makes interesting reflections
E437CC63-51FE-4128-BE7E-472FAF429519.jpeg

Not complicated just basic and to the point Stuart

I like it.

Book - Clever take on the theme very eye catching.

Transport - I like it although I think I prefer your 2nd one.

Fence - Nice simple composition love the textures and muted colours.

I think that's rather a gate than a fence, but plenty of rust and wood colours and textures! (y)

That's a bit different Stuart and nicely done. I like the contrasting colours against the white background.

Nice vibrant shot for Flora they really stand out form the white background.

Wow! The flowers really stand out with their brilliant colours in front of the plain white background, great photo!

They really stand out against the pure white background well, so I assume they are a selection maybe?

Really nicely taken, the colours are great. And the mask/selection is really well done.

The only potential issue with it being so perfectly cut out is that you get a floaty feel to the image.
Which is fine if that's what you're after, but if not, have a google for "adding a shadow in photoshop" for ideas on how to add a shadow which would ground the image. I know it's a trick I've used (you can also do something really similar to add reflections).

They really stand out against the pure white background well, so I assume they are a selection maybe?

Really nicely taken, the colours are great. And the mask/selection is really well done.

The only potential issue with it being so perfectly cut out is that you get a floaty feel to the image.
Which is fine if that's what you're after, but if not, have a google for "adding a shadow in photoshop" for ideas on how to add a shadow which would ground the image. I know it's a trick I've used (you can also do something really similar to add reflections).

It is a selection with a white background added in post. They are actually just about floating in mid air. My camera is on the ground pointing up and I have a white foam board across two chairs. The board has a hole in it through which I am suspending the flowers from.

Here is the view from the camera

1FA80F14-3624-4783-B21D-20AB40D33099.jpeg

This is the original image, the only adjustment is a square crop

4D16EC44-7611-4299-9D6A-7F353BF7D564.jpeg

Last one for me too Stuart, I'm with Tim on the shadows

How do feel about heavier shadows, cropped out of camera?
Looking at both I think *Ideally* I'd prefer somewhere in the middle of the two.
But that's just my opinion.

I think I also like the one with the shadow, although the set-up etc for your main image is really good. Great colours in the flowers, good job.

Back