weekly StuartPearson 52 for 2020 - Week 51 - Decor(ate)

I like that plant, beautiful colours, nice to see your bees actively pollinating.
PS what plant is it?
Thanks, the flowers are in a planter in a local park, not being green fingered I have advised they are called "sedum"

Very nicely done, nicely arranged and very nice colours, what did you light them with?

Thanks, the straws are on top of a plastic see through box which has an off camera flash inside pointing up. Although the images before processing are interesting the final image has an edge detect filter added. Here is the image straight out of camera.
CCC1C6C4-228B-4ACC-971C-FAD9EA4F6651.jpeg

Nicely done Stuart :)

Artificial
Very imaginative, I like it.

Autumn
Good autumn colour and tones. I think I would have used white or black boarders.

Artificial is a very imaginative idea brilliantly executed I really like it.

Autumn the colours really make it and the execution of the tryptic is very clever.

Very nice shot Stuart. The subtle side lighting highlights the texture.

I really like your leaf triptych, great idea. I think I would like to see it with a border that contrasts more, not sure what colour though, black or white? It could be my eyes, but it looks like it could maybe be a tad sharper? I really love the idea though and think it's one for the wall.

Wet: really like the lighting in this and you've done a great job not blowing out the whites and showing the detail.

Just read the other comments and can see you tried other borders!

Great leaf triptych but I can see how black borders would make it even better.
I like the flower detail and the ant - I just wonder if the water drop and magnification it causes could have been more emphasised to fit in with the topic.

It certainly is falling apart. Is this one of the 3D jigsaws? Or a lamp? Do tell :)
You've managed to expose it well and the colours are good and it is certainly topical.

It certainly is falling apart. Is this one of the 3D jigsaws? Or a lamp? Do tell :)
You've managed to expose it well and the colours are good and it is certainly topical.
It's a 3D jigsaw that was complete until it was sacrificed in the name of photography

Great leaf triptych but I can see how black borders would make it even better.
I like the flower detail and the ant - I just wonder if the water drop and magnification it causes could have been more emphasised to fit in with the topic.

It was certainly the water causing the magnification that drew my eye while out walking. Anything I tried in post processing was not helping to emphasis the drop, any ideas how it would be enhanced to do that?

Wet - It doesn't really scream wet at me, but I can just about see that it is.
I really should have gone out earlier in the week when "wet" would have been more noticeable. If only I was more organised!! Although I have recently started making more use of diary/calendar type apps so there's hope for me yet!!

Artificial is a really interesting effect - I could see looking good that printed on metal or acrylic?

Your Autumnal leaf triptych is very clever, and has great colours, and the back lighting works really well.

Wet is beautiful - the small insect is ideally placed, and the soft colours are lovely.

Topical is certainly apt! A good sacrifice in the name of photography - hope it went back together ok?

Well done on two counts.. getting the jigsaw done in the first place and for getting a good shot of it.

Topical
That's pretty impressive, it's certainly striking. Definitely goes with the theme.

It was certainly the water causing the magnification that drew my eye while out walking. Anything I tried in post processing was not helping to emphasis the drop, any ideas how it would be enhanced to do that?
Not sure you could do anything with processing - I was thinking more of moving in a bit closer and nailing focus on the drop.

Topical - great idea and very well done.

Not sure you could do anything with processing - I was thinking more of moving in a bit closer and nailing focus on the drop.
Makes sense, don't think I would have had any kit with me at that time that would got me closer. Trying to work out what you take in your camera bag can be difficult without being laden down!!

That is fantastic! Suspended or extremely well timed? Either way, the lighting and composition is spot on - very nicely done!
Thanks, it's suspended, here is the image straight out of camera before my lengthy cloning session, it's lit by an iPhone torch above the top of the open box.

8F563387-8DA2-4DE5-8DD0-F0521965F9C2.jpeg

You've put a lot of work in there Stuart and it's turned out really well. Great idea!

Back