weekly StuartPearson 52 for 2020 - Week 51 - Decor(ate)

Looks like a river of gold with lots of tributaries.

The image isn’t showing in your thread for me (currently on the app), just the link - it could just be me.

Hi Stuart

Like Helen said, its like a river. Not finding it sharp, was that intended. I see it was taken on an Iphone.

Pete

Hi Stuart

Like Helen said, its like a river. Not finding it sharp, was that intended. I see it was taken on an Iphone.

Pete
The river was what I thought of too, after taking it. I tried post processing it to add blue where it shows gold. It was taken with an iPhone with macro lens attachment which has a very narrow depth of field. I am backlighting the leaf using the torch on a second phone. It has been cropped significantly which will not help the sharpness. Here is the original from the phone.
A7600B96-A9F9-43BC-9B31-3750A5D57437.jpeg

I also quite liked this edit:

0DE30A92-3AD8-485B-B5C5-2EDC2A9D71CB.jpeg

Last edited:
The original colour one for me - not bad for a close up lens on a phone!!
I would probably agree, I'm regularly guilty of over-processing an image for the sake of it! The add-on lens for its limitation can produce impressive image given favourable lighting conditions.

It just goes to show what you can get out of something that at first glance doesn't seem to offer much.

I love your showcase image. It's like a painting.

Abstract is great too. I had no idea Affinity had that filter - what is it actually an image of? Lovely colours and patterns.

what is it actually an image of? Lovely colours and patterns.
I don’t think with the mirror filter in Affinity Photo you can create a bad image. The original photo is a Santa inside a glass dome Christmas decoration
CD3A7500-FF2A-41C8-B915-0DAF71E8174C.jpeg

Is the snow a filter? Or have you crafted it from paper or something?
Thanks, the snow has been added with a "India ink" style brush in Affinity Photo.
I did have a more complicated entry in mind, but it sounded good in my head but didn't quite translate to a finished image!!

Nice finish Stuart (y)

Back