weekly StuartPearson 52 for 2021 - Week 52 - Showcase

Thanks, it's making a lot more sense today. :D

And I like it more.

Very clever reflection image.

I'm glad to read how you did it, because I wouldn't have had a clue! It does sound tricky to do whilst you are wrapped up in the wire. Well done!

Took me a while to work it out. What an effective idea. I like the variation in colour with the reflection.

I like the detail in that a lot, and the angle of the rows is just right, too vertical would break it, as would too diagonal.

Wondered what it was until I read the image title! Definitely hits the spot.

Rough
A good close up, with good light creating some shadows which really accentuate the roughness.

Good use of the angle, it seems you don't use it that often as the build up of rust is picked up.

Pete

Decided to look for other potential smooth images, this slice of Agate (I think) works well, used a macro ring light flash on my camera.

3E7DC9BF-F5CC-4B0F-845A-C39B54447816.jpeg

:plus1:

Rough is very interesting, find myself really looking hard to pick out the details.

Smooth, second one works better for me, Shells are rough on the outside, so only half(approx) of your picture fits the theme :D:D:D

Really nice effect for Nearby. I am now thinking of where local chimneys are to me :)

Rock/Stone is very nice too. Super soft water.

Pair is especially clever and hits all the buttons - Nice one.

Halves is clever and works well too. It could be reflections too.

Nice and creative for Reflections. The second shot has it for me. I like the composition / angle.

Good use of the angle, it seems you don't use it that often as the build up of rust is picked up.

Pete
Thanks, I don't think I've ever used it, belonged to my father in law. I knew what I wanted to photograph, the issue was remembering where in the shed it was.

Strange but as Dominic said above cool looking, no idea what’s going on there PP wise

I have to admit that I don't get the link with the theme, but its an interesting image.

A dramatic image for sure, but as Jim said - I'm also not getting the connection to the theme. Fire = alive maybe?

I thought it was a multi exposure and she had just flicked her hair up - giving the impression of movement and being alive - rather than static.

I really like the colours and it's great to see something different.

Very clever (y)

Back