weekly StuartPearson 52 for 2021 - Week 52 - Showcase

Up close
Lovely detail in the feathers and eye, well all of it really.

Week 23 - Personal

Got everything setup before I asked my daughter's to give 5 minutes of their time to capture a close up silhouette. Really need to get better diffusion material, the image from the camera shows the pattern from the fabric, luckily enough I could make adjustments in Affinity Photo to remove it and make it the two colours. I have also moved the left head in post as despite them almost "knocking knees" the height difference meant they couldn't get as close as I needed. I only took three shots and this was the first, don't imagine I could have pestered them for much longer!

Sisters
by Stuart Pearson, on Flickr

Here is the image with no editing other than a crop to remove the extra background.

1C8C3AEC-711A-4C16-A4E6-876D042EA24A.jpeg

Last edited:
I like the first one, it would have been good for 'negative space' but I think I prefer the second one as it looks like two people with the sun setting at the seaside in the background.

A very nice pair of silhouettes Stuart, 1st for me also.

That is excellent! Well done.

I agree it would have also been perfect for Negative Space.

Is it a vase..? Oh wait :)

A great silhouette image. For me, balancing the eyelash height so they match, and an ever-so-slight turn to remove the eyebrows would have made this a corker. It's not something I would have thought to do though if I'd taken this, and with the added pressure of impatient models I doubt I'd even have got this far, so well done!

Top idea too. (y)

To nice takes on it - I like them both :)

Both shots work very well. Interesting pattern from your diffusion material.

Pete

Personal
Good looking silhouette. Well done for making the background pure white.

I know the feeling of trying to get relatives to give up 5 minutes.

The edited image works really well for the theme. I really like that you can see hair, eyelashes and eyebrows.

Nicely laid out Stuart.
It works well.

Green
It's like a giant paw print. It's nicely laid out, I like the background.

Green
It's like a giant paw print. It's nicely laid out, I like the background.
I agree it does look more like a paw print, my intention was more leaf shaped. The background is coloured tracing type paper, the entire image is being lit from underneath with a torch

Last edited:
Lovely textures in there. It looks like a detailed botanical drawing.

I would never have guessed it was being lit from underneath. I thought it was a textured paper. It works well giving the background a green tinge. Good idea!

I would never have guessed it was being lit from underneath. I thought it was a textured paper. It works well giving the background a green tinge. Good idea!
Thanks, here is a BTS image, the "paper"'does have a texture of sorts although nothing would be visible without the light shining through it.

E176CF14-D79E-44FD-B578-FDCD07634549.jpeg

I like this, the pattern is very pleasing to the eye and very clever to light from beneath.

Week 25 - Snappers choice

As indicated previously the camera club I am a member of (along with some other TP 52 participants) have been following the themes for at least a year. So this week for Snappers choice we choice "Flower(s)" as our challenge.

Reach for the sky
by Stuart Pearson, on Flickr

Super flower shot :)

Very nice, great angle too (y)

:clap: That's a lovely shot taken from a different angle. I think in this instant a boring plain blue sky would suit the white flower better.
I did return the following day, although it was later in the evening. The posted shot is a crop from a landscape format image, I wish I had tried to get a portrait format to accentuate the stem. This was the best on that night, I didn't manage to zoom in as much but the sunset was impressive!!
BFB78718-289D-4B50-99A7-651A05CAF182.jpeg

Reactions: rpn
A really interesting shot - the oof sky makes a great background.

Snappers choice
Nicely done, I like how you've managed to keep detail in the petals and sky.

Back