weekly StuartPearson 52 for 2021 - Week 52 - Showcase

Nice patterns in the water there, maybe a tad dark on my monitor. The composition is really nice too.

Nice patterns in the water there, maybe a tad dark on my monitor. The composition is really nice too.
Thanks, brightness level is something I struggle with, I mainly use an iPad for all my photo editing/management, are you viewing it on a calibrated display, I'm keen to try and identify a level I can set that provides the best compatibility on displays.

A nice scene, well captured. It has a lot of energy to which I particularly like, bang on theme, good work.
I am seeing all the detail, no blocked shadows, it presents on my screen pretty much spot on for tonal range. My screen is not calibrated.

I like the image has a good amount of movement in the water you haven’t overdone it and it looks fine to me on an iPad will look later on the iMac which is calibrated and let you know but to be honest I don’t think you will find that level you want there will always be someone not happy with what they are seeing.

Lovely movement in the water. Viewing on my non calibrated iPad and would say the highlights would not stand any lightening.
Nicely captured.

It's the tiniest bit dark on my screen too, but the textures are beautiful, and the composition works really well.

A trifle dark maybe, but the composition is spot on. Overall - I really like the picture - it might be my favourite on the thread so far.

A trifle dark maybe, but the composition is spot on. Overall - I really like the picture - it might be my favourite on the thread so far.
Thanks, the darkness reference makes an interesting point, I think it would be an interesting experiment to post one of the screen/printer type calibration images in a separate post and see exactly at what point everyone can't distinguish between two adjacent levels

Nice one Stuart - any brifhter and you'd start to lose the whites. If brightened it woudl need to be selective.

Rock
I tried something similar and failed. I like the diagonal composition and just the right amount of water movement.

Plenty of rock/stone there.

Unusual/different angle on waterfall.

Lovely swirls and movement in the water over those stones.

You have captured the movement nicely. It is slightly dark on my calibrated monitor.

Brilliant, plus it makes me smile.

So Harry has competition.. really made me smile. Thanks.

As others have said a good fun shot, made me smile too.

Good fun image, really like the composition, did you think of taking one from the level of the shorties too?

Lovely portrait! Not a fan of the ironwork but that's nothing to do withthe photography :)

Choice
I would maybe crop a bit off of the top. Everything else looks great.

Just scrolling up and down, I think I agree with Dominic .... bit off of the top. Perhaps down to her hair.

I'm not sure how you've achieved it, but I think it's a great shot. Very clever!!

Looking to last week - nicely lit portrait. It's not a genre I know much about, but I think the suggestions about a very slight crop off the top might work. Eyes are nice and sharp and a beautiful model.

Edit: Just spotted your Tall pic - works well for the theme and I like the lighting and the black backdrop.

I think that is very good. A simple image, but clever and effective.

Back