North England Studley Royal Access ?

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
Hi... I've been contemplating visiting Studley Royal as I've never been before and often see good images from there, but I'm planning to go very early in the morning about sunrise time. Does anyone know what access and parking is like at that time ?
I don't know if it's split up into different areas with some restricted out of hours access etc. so hopefully someone can advise. I'm hoping to just be able to park up and have a wander around near the lake and grounds etc. Maybe even see the deers ?

Thanks

I've only ever parked in Fountains Abbey car park and walked back to Studley. I know there is a gate at the other end of the Park. I'm a member of National Trust so parking is free. I believe Studley opens about 6am.

Deer park open 0600 - 1800, rest of it 10 am.

Coming from Ripon you will you will see a sign on your left to Studley royal village, take this road and proceed to its end {800 yds] there is a small amount of free parking on the left. You will also see on your right a very long straight drive, which is usually closed for vehicles until approximately 07.00 but as a pedestrian you have access. Walk up the drive and keep looking down to your right. The Red Deer are usually in that area first thing in the morning. If not just walk anywhere you wish you will come across them.

Back