Sturminster Mill

Edit My Images
Yes
Had plans of walking for a few hours with the camera today, but wifes grandad passed away so had to cut the day short.
This is the best of the few pics i managed to get.

Ive tried to make it look a little moody to reflect the mood were all in after the sad news.

C+C welcome

DSC_7683-Pano by mathew whitlock, on Flickr

Last edited:
It does have a very sombre feel to it, the hint of a reflection of the old mill is nice too, it is interesting how your mood at the time of processing a picture can affect the final output, as much as your mood when taking it. I would crop out/clean up the black bits of vegetation bottom right by the way.

Thanks for the comments guys.
i have cropped it, do you think this is better?
i also cropped the right hand side abit as it looked to long and narrow

DSC_7683-Pano by mathew whitlock, on Flickr

Sorry for the family loss.

I prefer the original as it shows more interest with the other buildings and weir. As mentioned above, a slight crop on bottom right to clear up the black spots is all it needed. Nice photo.

Sorry for the family loss.

I prefer the original as it shows more interest with the other buildings and weir. As mentioned above, a slight crop on bottom right to clear up the black spots is all it needed. Nice photo.

many thanks, Yes your right, actually once i uploaded it i decided i liked the other original, i like how it has the old and new buildings side by side

i have changed the pic above with the bottom cropped

mat

Back