Such fun

Edit My Images
Yes
Was fed up with getting calls from BT etc etc so decided to have some fun :)

Just had a call from BT about the number of calls I'd been having which were marketing ones and of course they could help me.

I answered in French :)

I couldn't understand what they wanted , so the man repeated what he had said - again I didn't understand and once more said so - in French ;)

He tried again - same result

He got someone else to try - strange - I still didn't understand and told him so reminding him that I was French and did not speak English.

So- they went and got a girl who gave me the usual spiel about stopping these calls and which bank card did I have.

By this time I'm really trying not to laugh

The conversation went on - me answering everything when they stopped to draw a breath , by repeating in my best French that I was French and did not understand what they were saying - and asking what they wanted :)

Eventually after about 10 mins they hung up - but I'd tied up 3 of their operators :D :D

I love playing with these. My favourite one was keeping a Microsoft virus scammer on the line for over an hour as I had to wait for "windows updates" and blue screens on my heavily infected PC, then some of the numbers on my number pad were not working so I had to find another keyboard, then a power cut tripped the PC and I had to wait for it to run another scan very slowly. In the end his supervisor came on the line accusing me of wasting their valuable time! Was just sitting editing through an album at the time.

The foreign language excuse works very well when travelling to avoid street sellers.

My best one is when they call about "the car accident I had recently", I always say 'the one in the last few months' and get through to someone.

When they ask for details I vary the answer but recently when asked about the smash its normally as I was being chased by the police as I had kidnapped someone in my boot or had killed someone and will they be able to help with impending court case, as I had also killed a couple of pedestrians in the smash - sadly they lose interest then!

I've never managed to tie up 3 of these folk at the same time before :D - it was fun listening to them muttering together .

Try seeting how long you can keep them on the phone for just by saying the word yes is my preferred time waster. Just needs a fraction of your attention and it's fun to see how long you can carry on the call by saying yes with various intonations. Last one cottoned after about 4 or 5 minutes and asked me
"Sir, are you a w***er"
"Yeeeees!"

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife will not let me answer as F--------- off she says is not the right answer.

We had Call Guardian when we still had a landline, now I just ignore unidentified callers on my cellphone. They can leave a message if they want to, and I'll respond if necessary.

Both solutions work well.

I deal with people every week who have been scammed by these scum of the earth. Old & vulnerable are the most likely victims. I clean and check their PC and even liaise with their bank on some occasions. Apart from the money it makes them embarrassed and vulnerable in their own home. They are one of the reasons I don't retire.
When a scammer rings my house they get a 2 minute time waste then a f+×k off!
I even select button 2 to talk to an advisor just so I can insult them.

Last edited:
Back