Suggestions for Masham area for sunrise and sunset ??

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
My good lady has recognised that I am chomping at the bit to try out my new purchases and xmas gifts etc and has booked us a weekend away near Masham with the agreement I have all day Saturday to take of and photograph what I want whilst she will no doubt be hitting the local shops until we meet back later.

Obviously I want to capitalise on this time and looking at the map it falls right between the Yorkshire Dales and the North Yorkshire Moors.

Any thoughts for a few opportunities without travelling miles ??

I am thinking sunrise landscape early am then maybe wildlife in the afternoon with a nice sunset early pm.

Many thanks

Tony

The Black Sheep Brewery? :beer: ;) They do tours (or used to)

Edit to add; Theakstons too. :cool:

Last edited:
Jervaulx Abbey.
Unusual ruin because it is still in private hands so English Heritage have not tidied it up and made safe.with manicured lawns.
- So there are tumbled stones with wildflowers and ivy, but it's easy to walk around.

If weather is good, in the opposite direction Sutton Bank has craggy cliffs, wooded slopes and immense views across towards the Pennines.
If ruins are your thing Rievaulx and Byland are handy from the west side of moors - not too far from Thirsk.

Last edited:
Fountains Abbey/Studley Royal are not far off.
You have the Deer Park and the Abbey ruins if you are into that sort of thing.
Or if you head off to Pickering you have the North York Moors Railway, head westwards towards Aysgarth and you have the falls on the river ure

Have Fun

Many thanks guys. Few ideas there.

Back