Suggestions for stitching 3 "Northern Lights" images please?

Edit My Images
Yes
As per question - I have several "3-shots wide" images of the northern lights but Lightroom or Photoshop wont stitch them together though as even though there is a visible base the lights are fairly fuzzy and the software cannot see the joins! If I just stitch them into a new images the overlap is OK but I find I cannot merge the exposure and see the "joins" too clearly.

Any ideas - trial or free as already have Lightroom and PS6

Well what do you know! I had not heard of this piece of software!. It does load the images and produces a panorama, but at the first try the output is a bit clunky - BUT at least it does produce something and there are a few variables to play with - will experiment tomorrow!

Thanks very much Brownie, Mel

As per question - I have several "3-shots wide" images of the northern lights but Lightroom or Photoshop wont stitch them together though as even though there is a visible base the lights are fairly fuzzy and the software cannot see the joins! If I just stitch them into a new images the overlap is OK but I find I cannot merge the exposure and see the "joins" too clearly.

Any ideas - trial or free as already have Lightroom and PS6

If you put up the three images I will be able to tell if it is possible or not. preferably with the exif data and camera but must include the focal length and crop factor of the camera.
As I have shown in another thread PS is terrible in these situations.

See here https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/help-please-pano-experts.687830/#post-8308036

PTGui has given me best results when LR or PS can’t produce a panorama. If it can’t produce a pano automatically then you can manually select points on the pictures that it can work with to combine.

Back