Suicidal Cyclist

Gremlin

Houdini
Name
Ingrid
Edit My Images
No
The sun is shining and with comes the invasion of idiots on bicycles wearing dark clothing.
I deliver to a rural area with narrow roads and every weekend have to play dodgems to these idiots,
heads down, pedaling as fast as they can, in the middle of the road round bends, wearing black/dark blue/maroon
etc tight fitting clothes and dark helmets, no lights or bright sashes,

Some people do drive at speed along the roads, how there hasn't been a serious accident is a miracle

I see those cyclists when it's dark. Only the other day, managed to avoid one dressed all in black on an unlit road! They had one of those flickering lights on the back of the bike but it wasn't very bright and it's even more difficult to see with all the headlights coming towards you.

Yup, there are dicks out there on cycles and they think they're in the right !

I can't believe the attitude of some when I'm out cycling - they think that red lights don't mean them and then start giving the all when a driver nearly hits them or blasts their horn at them - I just sit there on my bike shrugging my shoulders with the car driver sat next me - still waiting for 1 to get squished and I will happily tell the police what a longer they were !!!

I see a lot quite often on my way to work, it is shocking how many of them don't use lights or have any reflective clothing when riding along unlit roads in the dark.
Plenty of people walking along those same roads with nothing to show they are there.
What is more annoying, on one stretch the local council have created a dedicated path for walkers and cyclists that is away from the road, there is a narrow water way running along the side of the road and the pathway has been put on the other side .... but, no one uses it.

Glad it's not only me that has the problem.
They often have organised events along this stretch of road and even the the riders don't have any hiviz gear
You'd think the organizers would insist on it

My bugbear as well as unlit cyclists is the local kids coming home from from school in their dark uniforms running across the roads. I know schools have huge responsibilities but a few minutes education on safety wouldn't go amiss. Seems to me a few cheap reflective bands on both cyclists and kids would go far to adding to safety.

Now you started it ,my pet hate arrogant pieces of s*** hate them all ,ruined a super local wildlife / Seo spot ,as they tend to cycle in groups shouting to one another ,none of them realise that when they cycle up behind people with hearing problems we/I can’t hear there f*****g little bells and with old age can’t get out of there way quickly either ,might invest in a shelagh

Same here,you wouldn’t cross the road on foot without looking but on a bike they come straight out in the dark no lights.

its weird but I have been a life long cyclist and with two serious accidents caused by being hit by cars I can't be arsed any more.
Both my accidents were bright daylight good viz with nice bright clothing, black clothe are the colour of death.
I gave up cycling on the road and took up motorcycling big engines and shedloads of armour.
f*** going back on the road on a cycle, no f*****g way.

Same here,you wouldn’t cross the road on foot without looking but on a bike they come straight out in the dark no lights.

When I came off my bike in December it was because a pedestrian stepped out from behind a parked van without looking, I had two front lights and a reflective top on...in a lit street...

Not sure that's really the cyclists fault you can't hear their bell.
Are you suggesting I give up walking on footpaths because a c*** of a cyclist won’t slow down for pedestrians ..trouble is up here they have turned footpaths into shared cycle paths and they think we as walkers hav3 no right on them ,pure arrogant t***s

Are you suggesting I give up walking on footpaths because a c*** of a cyclist won’t slow down for pedestrians ..trouble is up here they have turned footpaths into shared cycle paths and they think we as walkers hav3 no right on them ,pure arrogant t***s
I'm suggesting you should take some responsibility for your own safety. If I was cycling along a shared path with my bell ringing away I've got no way of telling how well you can hear.

Doesn't make the cyclists the arrogant arse...

I just love a headphone wearing pedestrian walking bang up the middle of a shared path...until the randomly step sideways in front of you...

or the mums with pushchairs walking 4 abreast along both the clearly marked separate lanes round here...

Here’s my take the roads get busier all the time cars gave running lights My are high visibility. It makes people see me. I think it’s about time all cyclists should have high visibility lights on all the time. That’s the same for motor cycles too. Be Seen

Cyclist's think they are special now they have dedicated cycle lanes , Also traffic light and zebra crossing exempt , They assume they have priority on our vehicle roads , Most are confruntational idiots with little regard for anyone else or their own lives .

A warning has been given for this post
I'm suggesting you should take some responsibility for your own safety. If I was cycling along a shared path with my bell ringing away I've got no way of telling how well you can hear.

What like sprouting a eye out of my a******e ,you really are talking like a t*** ....... would you though if someone was blocking the path... slow down to go round them ....or shout abuse as you pass ...... or just ride into them ....in my experience the middle one is the route taken with the cowards then shooting off at a great rate of knots ... I really hate the c***s

My son is a lorry driver and spends a lot of his working day in London. He reckons the actions of most cyclists there have a severe death wish. No consideration for anyone else or themselves for that matter.

Yeah, they're all the same.

Don't get me started on Muslims...

Attachment added by Marcel/Admin, help stop the reports ;)
sarcasmwarning.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you being an arse because you are or just trolling :troll:

or shout abuse as you pass

Had this happen to me on a FOOTPATH by a stream, idiot pedalling hell for leather and shouting at me to get out of the way.
I didn't move over as far as he would have liked and not on the side with the water ;)
Result was, he was forced to stop to avoid falling off, started having a go at me, which didn't please my dog in the least (yes it was under control)
until I pointed out that we were on a footpath, not a bridleway

Just for the record I've done the same to idiot motorcyclist who curn up the bridleways and expect me to jump in the muddy wet ruts they
have already caused so they can stay on top dry bits. It does help to have 3 large albeit friendly GSDs with you when you confront these types

This reminds me of when I used to be on a cycling forum with all their "All photographer are P****'s and terrorists" rants...I didn't respond to those either. :tumbleweed:

Agreed, when motorist ALL perfect the art of driving to the Highway Code and legal requirements then there will be justification for some of these comments.

What like sprouting a eye out of my a******e ,you really are talking like a t*** ....... would you though if someone was blocking the path... slow down to go round them ....or shout abuse as you pass ...... or just ride into them ....in my experience the middle one is the route taken with the cowards then shooting off at a great rate of knots ... I really hate the c***s

no need for the personal abuse. wind it in NOW.

Given that this thread was supposed to be about those cyclist who wear dark colours with no reflectives or lights (which I think we can all agree is irresponsible), it's a shame it's been latched onto by the "hate all cyclists" brigade.

Given that this thread was supposed to be about those cyclist who wear dark colours with no reflectives or lights (which I think we can all agree is irresponsible), it's a shame it's been latched onto by the "hate all cyclists" brigade.

What I didn’t get with that OP was it started with the sun is shining..... if the sun is out why would it be any more difficult to see a cyclist in black than a black car in sunlight? I could understand it if it were pre sunrise or post sunset and they wore black with no lights or high viz

Last edited:
What I didn’t get with that OP was it started with the sun is shining..... if the sun is out why would it be any more difficult to see a cyclist in black than a black car in sunlight? I could understand it if it were pre sunrise or post sunset and they wore black with no lights or high viz

A car, even a black one will reflect light as it's shiny. Black clothing won't.

So, would you carry on at the same speed and knock the pedestrian over? In that situation, I slow down and pass safely.

Back on Ingrid's point, I call them psycholists. There are a few who ride safely and responsibly but it is a few, unfortunately.

When cyclists have an MOT on their machines, take out insurance and pay road tax, then they are classed (by me) to have equal share on what I pay for.
Until then, I often find that overtaking them is a good time to check out the washer/wipe system on the BMW...

I've had to take up cycling as running is no longer possible for my knee. My bike has 3 lights, my helmet has a light, my jacket has a light. Think Christmas tree. I have avoided being knocked off my bike a number of times in a relatively short time due to the impatience or blatant disregard for another person's safety. I am not however blaming all drivers and making sweeping statements about drivers.

When cyclists have an MOT on their machines, take out insurance and pay road tax, then they are classed (by me) to have equal share on what I pay for.
Until then, I often find that overtaking them is a good time to check out the washer/wipe system on the BMW...

I rest my case. Spraying people in the eyes with screen wash; irresponsible and potentially deadly. Perhaps we should warn the cyclists in Lancashire. Or perhaps the police.

Last edited:
I rest my case. Spraying people in the eyes with screen wash; irresponsible and potentially deadly.

And not knowing what annual fee they pay, does suggest an unfamiliarity with Highway Code too in all likelihood.

Roads are centrally funded, have been for a number of years so cyclists pay for the roads as much as you do. As for road tax (or whatever you call it), that's largely based on emissions, there are cars which are exempt. I am also exempt as I have a motability vehicle.

As for deliberately using your washers when overtaking a cyclist, highly dangerous and irresponsible, think you lost any moral highground here.

Back