Summer beach shots

The second may have been the better B&W image but I'm not sure either is super. I'm not saying you can't do it the wave thing, but ask yourself is it an image that you record on a day out, or a special image?

Summer? :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed: I was expecting David Hasselhof and Pamela Anderson - and I got the chills just by looking at these instead. Good captures.

Last edited:
Love the contrast in #1 and stormy look of #2

Thanks Peter

The second may have been the better B&W image but I'm not sure either is super. I'm not saying you can't do it the wave thing, but ask yourself is it an image that you record on a day out, or a special image?

I look forward to seeing your super images so I can learn

So much better than the other thread.

Twos a cracker. You can really sense the excitement of being there.

Thanks Steve

Summer? :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed: I was expecting David Hasselhof and Pamela Anderson - and I got the chills just by looking at these instead. Good captures.

Thanks Chris

No2 for me too Alf :)

Les

Thanks Les

No 1 is essentially a perfect candidate for a total sky replacement. I don't bother even shooting in horizon grey cloud conditions.

2nd one is head and shoulders above. Composition and timing are spot on. Colour is not to my taste; I find the bronze hues in the water a bit unnatural; I would deal with this using a local adjustment (negative blue and green). A subtle black and white should work here

No 1 is essentially a perfect candidate for a total sky replacement. I don't bother even shooting in horizon grey cloud conditions.

2nd one is head and shoulders above. Composition and timing are spot on. Colour is not to my taste; I find the bronze hues in the water a bit unnatural; I would deal with this using a local adjustment (negative blue and green). A subtle black and white should work here

I know what you mean about the clouds on the horizon

The colour of the water is because I warmed the shot a bit much looking again

Last edited:
1 and 2 are both great in the foregrounds but the skies let them down for me. I think these are candidates for less is more and crop that sky out all together and just focus on the foreground. Just scrolling with the screen and ditching the sky in no.2, it looks amazing just with that.

Back