Summer Butterflies ~ Communal Thread

Another one from me, a flitting visit to the UK and I managed to see a fair few of these Peacocks.
Peacock.JPG

I always like to see birds and butterflies in their natural surroundings, as your photos. Its nice to see the flowers that they like and at this time of the summer the Buddlia comes into its own and the butterflies love it. The Speckled Wood is perfect in the shade of the shrub and for the Red Admiral, the colours of the wings show and its little face is just how it shows itself. Thanks for posting.

I always like to see birds and butterflies in their natural surroundings, as your photos. Its nice to see the flowers that they like and at this time of the summer the Buddlia comes into its own and the butterflies love it. The Speckled Wood is perfect in the shade of the shrub and for the Red Admiral, the colours of the wings show and its little face is just how it shows itself. Thanks for posting.
Thanks for your comments, they are hard to catch, took several take.

Someone had seen Silver-studded blue's on the Great Orme, LLandudno on the 29th July, other than that I have hardly seen any Common Blues in Gwynedd. One or two Holly Blues in various gardens last week.

Hi all,
Heres another from me from todays little walkabout.
As always (99.99%) of the time the photos are from the South of France.
This is a 2 Tailed Pasha, A large butterfly, They are really friendly and fly around you like they need to see you more.
2 tailed pasha 1.JPG

The butterflies are loving the Buddlia whilst its so warm, amongst the usual ones I saw one Wall. Don't usually see many so it was a real treat.
Wall 27th August 2016.jpg

Very humid to-day brought some butterflies into my Ice plant. Painted Lady and Small Tortoishell love it.
Painted Lady 6th September 2016.jpg Small Tort' in my garden.jpg

Catching the warmth of the sun this Red Admiral loves the flowering Ivy, as do the wasps.

Red Admiral 29th Sep 2016.jpg

This thread is so very dangerous
because of the highly addictive quality of its posts!
:)

Does this count?

This is the only Lepidoptera I
have ever captured in my life.

A night shot with flash…

3982%20SD.jpg

Two butterflies taken at the North Norfolk Railway in Weybourne Norfolk.
1. P6100087.jpg
2.P6100089.jpg

5W3A7439.JPG5W3A7443.JPG5W3A7508.JPG5W3A7565.JPG

Came across these whilst Birding at Martin Down yesterday, anybody know what breed the caterpillars are?
Nice thread by the way, only just found it but love everything countryside - thanks.

Back