Summer Hay Bales

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
No
The summer months are fading fast and Autumn feels as though its just around the corner, with this, the farmers have started the harvesting of the Hay and leaving the hay bales out in the field ready for collection.

Forgetting to photograph this each and every year I made a concerted effort not to this summer and made my way out in to the hay fields of Worcestershire to capture this seasonal activity and some hay bales in the fields.

With each passing day of the week just gone the fields containing the hay bales had begun to disappear as the farmers had started their collections. Working full time only provided an opportunity to shoot straight after work on my way home. I had identified several fields at the start of the week that would be suitable for a spot of hay bale photography, but by the time I actually managed to get out with the camera I was left with just one field remaining.

Sensing that time was not on my side I chanced my luck with the weather and the farmers in order to photograph the curious bales of hay dotted throughout the fields near to my home in Worcestershire. The light was poor and the weather although promising to start earlier in the day had turned into a dark and overcast evening.

Although my first attempt didn't quite go to plan a revisit the following day allowed me to capture the hay bales with the light of a warm summer sunset. The compositions were made even more interesting with the backdrop of Dunstall Castle set off in the distance.

HAY-BALES-1600.jpg

Watch the capturing of this image - click above.

Regards
Geoff

A few bucks at £30 per bale!

Well worth the effort Geoff.
Persistence paid off.
Lovey image.

Back