SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Been putting off working on this shot for a while - it's not my best of the summer from there. The light never really came through and this glimmer the only light of the day - shame really as the sky was epic and had it come through it would have been one of the all time great mornings.

_DSC3477 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

The same could be said actually of this one. Some nice cloud about - but it was also too thick behind me when the sun dipped to do anything meaningful. It was on a 121 workshop and whilst the client enjoyed it which was the main thing.

_DSC3844 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Lochan Na Fola - this was one of the best mornings out...like ever...

_DSC3732 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Summer at the Torren Lochan - just sat here in the heat made my day. Not long after this the water levels dropped leaving a slightly unsightly muddy line between the water and the grasses. A few more clouds would have been nice perhaps but just being out in the nice weather was joy enough

_DSC3762 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Buachaille Etive Mor - probably posted some shots from this series in another thread but not this one. Been back countless times but none have panned out as well as this night.

_DSC3409 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

May Bank holiday at Lochan na Stainge

_DSC2469 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Thats a lovely set Steve with No 2 being my fav and No`s 3 & 4 with lovely crisp reflections.

I would really have to pick the last two. You really couldn't fault either.

3 is OK but a tad too dark. The sky is very nice and I would certainly accentuate it with more contrast. WB might need a slight magenta boost. I bet the midges were terrible there :)

4 - knowing the location I just prefer the other composition and your earlier images.

1 and 2 is precisely what I call misery conditions. Again you have some real crackers there already. I'd maybe just work on the north highlands or some rarer angles now.

Love the third and sixth shots. I know it is summer and I can tell the WB is actually very accurate, but I feel like a slight tweak towards red/magenta away from green/cyan would be really nice. Very slight though.

Love the third and sixth shots. I know it is summer and I can tell the WB is actually very accurate, but I feel like a slight tweak towards red/magenta away from green/cyan would be really nice. Very slight though.
I did try this on the hue but the greens in the grasses were not quite right and the clouds go that slight off (but attractive) slight magenta way. Green is a bloody hard colour to get work with but most rewarding compared to the dull shade of deathly brown that blights the area from November to mid May. I sometimes flip an image upside down to check for any flaws - they stand out more if the image is inverted to my eye and the green is a dead match.

I did try this on the hue but the greens in the grasses were not quite right and the clouds go that slight off (but attractive) slight magenta way. Green is a bloody hard colour to get work with but most rewarding compared to the dull shade of deathly brown that blights the area from November to mid May. I sometimes flip an image upside down to check for any flaws - they stand out more if the image is inverted to my eye and the green is a dead match.

Agreed, and I love the tip about inverting an image...

Back