Summer in Iceland - Some of my favourite shots

Edit My Images
No
Hey guys,this summer I spent one week in Iceland. So far I've only been there in winter so it was a completly new experience and I can say that this country delivers in every single season. I enjoyed my time a lot and I'd like to show you some of my favourite shots.

1)

2)

3)

I hope you'll like them. :)

Kind regards

Daniel

Last edited:
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Not a landscape photographer myself, but these look beautiful.
The bright, vibrant flowers against the fairly stark backgrounds, really works for me.

Name
D
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi daniel, nice shots. any time is a great time in Iceland! I wish i could go back for a couple of months. did you see any puffins?

Edit My Images
Yes
Excellent set of images. I do like the Lupins shot, we've always been in Iceland between October and April so have never seen the Lupin fields...….....nice.

Name
D
Edit My Images
Yes
@mulch i visited once in summer in 2006 on my first visit but wasn't as much into photography then. Since then it's always been 'out of season' as it's so much cheaper. I would love to visit in June/July time as I want to get some puffin shots, but I priced up a 10 day stay in North and East with car hire and was promptly reminded why I like visiting in September so much o_O and may have to give up my 'puffins in iceland' dream.....

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
In 1 the mountain (Lomagnupur) is a bit dark compared to the brightness of the flowers for me.

In 2 the distortions from pointing downwards are too much and the highlights LHS are really bright.

1 & 2 also have halos but that may be a resizing thing.

In 3 the highlights in the sky seem quite hot compared to the darkness on edges of the canyon.

What I love about 2 though is the colour repetition between the flowers and the sky, that's really nice and I like the composition of 1 and 3 which are really strong.

Sorry to be harsh on you, I know you are a very good photographer so the critique is almost nit picking but they are issues I'd want to look at if they were mine.

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
In 1 the mountain (Lomagnupur) is a bit dark compared to the brightness of the flowers for me.

In 2 the distortions from pointing downwards are too much and the highlights LHS are really bright.

1 & 2 also have halos but that may be a resizing thing.

In 3 the highlights in the sky seem quite hot compared to the darkness on edges of the canyon.

What I love about 2 though is the colour repetition between the flowers and the sky, that's really nice and I like the composition of 1 and 3 which are really strong.

Sorry to be harsh on you, I know you are a very good photographer so the critique is almost nit picking but they are issues I'd want to look at if they were mine.
I also think they have too much structure/clarity and have a slightly gritty feel which I don't like.

All seem to have a bit too much contrast and a slightly higher black point than what I would go for. The distortions in two are very offputting. Using a PCE lens is the way to go with foreground heavy scenes, or a portrait maybe

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Love the first, though if I'm nitpicking I'd suggest raising the exposure on the rocks to show more detail.

Great shots though, thanks for sharing.