Summer in Iceland - Some of my favourite shots

Edit My Images
No
Hey guys,this summer I spent one week in Iceland. So far I've only been there in winter so it was a completly new experience and I can say that this country delivers in every single season. I enjoyed my time a lot and I'd like to show you some of my favourite shots.

1)

2)

3)

I hope you'll like them. :)

Kind regards

Daniel

Last edited:
Not a landscape photographer myself, but these look beautiful.
The bright, vibrant flowers against the fairly stark backgrounds, really works for me.

Hi daniel, nice shots. any time is a great time in Iceland! I wish i could go back for a couple of months. did you see any puffins?

Excellent set of images. I do like the Lupins shot, we've always been in Iceland between October and April so have never seen the Lupin fields...….....nice.

@mulch i visited once in summer in 2006 on my first visit but wasn't as much into photography then. Since then it's always been 'out of season' as it's so much cheaper. I would love to visit in June/July time as I want to get some puffin shots, but I priced up a 10 day stay in North and East with car hire and was promptly reminded why I like visiting in September so much o_O and may have to give up my 'puffins in iceland' dream.....

In 1 the mountain (Lomagnupur) is a bit dark compared to the brightness of the flowers for me.

In 2 the distortions from pointing downwards are too much and the highlights LHS are really bright.

1 & 2 also have halos but that may be a resizing thing.

In 3 the highlights in the sky seem quite hot compared to the darkness on edges of the canyon.

What I love about 2 though is the colour repetition between the flowers and the sky, that's really nice and I like the composition of 1 and 3 which are really strong.

Sorry to be harsh on you, I know you are a very good photographer so the critique is almost nit picking but they are issues I'd want to look at if they were mine.

In 1 the mountain (Lomagnupur) is a bit dark compared to the brightness of the flowers for me.

In 2 the distortions from pointing downwards are too much and the highlights LHS are really bright.

1 & 2 also have halos but that may be a resizing thing.

In 3 the highlights in the sky seem quite hot compared to the darkness on edges of the canyon.

What I love about 2 though is the colour repetition between the flowers and the sky, that's really nice and I like the composition of 1 and 3 which are really strong.

Sorry to be harsh on you, I know you are a very good photographer so the critique is almost nit picking but they are issues I'd want to look at if they were mine.
I also think they have too much structure/clarity and have a slightly gritty feel which I don't like.

All seem to have a bit too much contrast and a slightly higher black point than what I would go for. The distortions in two are very offputting. Using a PCE lens is the way to go with foreground heavy scenes, or a portrait maybe

Love the first, though if I'm nitpicking I'd suggest raising the exposure on the rocks to show more detail.

Great shots though, thanks for sharing.

Amazing shots - really brings out the "other worldly" look of Iceland.
Where was the third image taken? It looks like the Thorsmork area.

Back