Summer Plumage Grey Plover

Edit My Images
No
Not the best shot in the world [big crop too] but I was really interested to see some Grey Plover just moulting out of full breeding plumage on the beach last weekend. Only ever seen them in their duller winter grey before. Just need to go back and do a seal impression to get some better shots now...

DSC_9387.jpg

Had me checking my book as I have never seen one of these before, quite striking plumage ... get a photo of your seal impersonation :D

Thanks both, I'm not proud of the shot but will spend some time this winter trying harder for waders I think, I did like the plumage though - I've seen Golden Plover in that plumage in Scotland in summer but never the Grey Plovers round here in winter.

Having seen some of your other shots, i`m not going to offer any C&C, you know the faults. However, it is an interesting subject and topic, hopefully better shots too come.

I too require a selfie of you doing the seal impersonation...............:)

Having seen some of your other shots, i`m not going to offer any C&C, you know the faults. However, it is an interesting subject and topic, hopefully better shots too come.

I too require a selfie of you doing the seal impersonation...............:)

Thanks Fracster - a very accurate summary - I reckon I'll do a mean seal :whistle:

Thanks Fracster - a very accurate summary - I reckon I'll do a mean seal :whistle:
Pics required or it never happened.................:D

just to make your shot look good, I saw a few in Japan last week

and this is a crop

grey_plover.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing anything in Japan :) must have been an experience?

I wouldn't mind seeing anything in Japan :) must have been an experience?

Japan
It is not that expensive these days you know
Air flights are reasonable £'s - 12 hour flight, but the jet lag does bugger you - you eat breakfast in Japan at 08:00am local time which is midnight in the UK
Hotels are less than the UK and food, (eating out) is cheaper - a good lunch is £5 to £10
The normal "tube" / local overground train ticket starts at less than £1 and travel is cheaper than the UK
The quality of the country is first class and everywhere is just full of interest
If you watch your pennies ..... you can have a very good trip for not much more than a Euro holiday

I only really went for 7 days including travel - to see an old Japanese mate of mine, so the evenings were the focus ......... but maybe my wife and I will go next year for a longer stay ........ March/April is the best time, IMHO ...... August is probably the worse weather-wise - hot, humid and wet

I have put some images together just for interest on the following thread

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...-few-days-after-23-years.601027/#post-7023161

Last edited:
Now that's not something we see on here everyday ;) great to see something different and look forward to more of your posts :)

Back