Summer storm on the beach

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a couple of shots I took fighting with the spray and wind on a stormy night on Tuesday. The light from the sunset was not spectacular but the fact there was a break in the cloud at all was welcome.

Parton summer storm 1 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Parton summer storm 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

Certainly no1 for me the rocks lead the eye in very nicely,yep very atmospheric.
GEORGE.

Both lovely. I'd pick number 2. I with Steve on the whites though, I think you have room to wiggle on the whites before they blow. Give it a try Alf, nothing to lose and I think it could lift 2 already very nice images to another level again.

Number 2 looks good with the flow over the rock, Very nice to catch the violence mother nature can throw.

Both lovely. I'd pick number 2. I with Steve on the whites though, I think you have room to wiggle on the whites before they blow. Give it a try Alf, nothing to lose and I think it could lift 2 already very nice images to another level again.

Thanks Dale

Number 2 looks good with the flow over the rock, Very nice to catch the violence mother nature can throw.

Thanks Craig

The first shot of the two was on Springwatch unsprung tonight

The agitated sea counts for the effect of the incoming
stormy weather but the sky looks too peaceful to me!

I imported your picture to see what could be done and
the sky contains enough data to be accentuated and
turn the scene into a threatening one!

This done, the threat may be brushed in to be reflected
on the sea.

Both look good to me Alf, I just love your foamy seascape shots.

Thanks Duncan glad you like them

Very nice flow you've caught there!

Thanks Tanachy

The agitated sea counts for the effect of the incoming
stormy weather but the sky looks too peaceful to me!

I imported your picture to see what could be done and
the sky contains enough data to be accentuated and
turn the scene into a threatening one!

This done, the threat may be brushed in to be reflected
on the sea.

Thanks Kodiak
I see your point about adding drama but this how the scene felt so I went with this and the worst weather had passed. I may do a mono version of one of the shots I took though and push that a bit.

Gorgeous!

Thanks Richard

Back