Summer storm with added shots

I prefer the colour version, the water flowing over the central rock makes it for me, very well composed.

:agree:Yes, the colour version for me too- the subtle shades and hues, with that contrasting long thin break in the clouds just above the horizon, as well as the composition as a whole, make for a lovely image.

Stunning shot, would suit high contrast B+W.
Thanks Baz
Nice shot Alf, certainly gives a good impression of our ‘summer’.
Thanks Andrew
It's the summer I am getting now
View attachment 246725

Didn't have long, should have left for work 10 minutes ago, but you the idea.
Sorry Baz I love mono but that version is not for me
I prefer the colour version, the water flowing over the central rock makes it for me, very well composed.
Thanks Chris
:agree:Yes, the colour version for me too- the subtle shades and hues, with that contrasting long thin break in the clouds just above the horizon, as well as the composition as a whole, make for a lovely image.
Thanks Doggel

Keep the colour.

I’d maybe increase the whites in the water a bit more. I don’t believe in always stretching a histogram but I think you do have some room on the right to inject a bit of life into the water.

Thanks Steve
I was trying not to lose the detail in the water but its worth another look

My thoughts exactly

Thanks Tony I am not thinking of a mono version at the moment

Colour all the way. Those slate grey steel blue tones are lost in the B&W.
A fine shot.

Thanks Scott

Just shows you how subjective this art form is

So true

I went to the beach again last night as ther was a chance of some good light and I new the sea had a decent swell still the sun didnt really show up though but I got these With such rough conditions and rising tide you need to keep and the size of the aproaching waves and timing the shot along with keeping an eye out for lines of retereat before being cut off.

Commotion in the ocean by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Mono motion_ by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

Back